Updated Title: Sad news, Doper jz78817 has died

Oh damn, so sorry to hear this. He was one of the good guys.

So very sorry to hear.

You and your family have my deepest condolences.

I am so very sorry.

I’m very sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Man, I’m so sorry to hear this. As a fellow Michigan Doper and Star Wars fan, his posts always caught my eye. I’m so sad for this loss, although I know it pales to the pain you’re going through, @zweisamkeit. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

I’m so very sorry for your loss…

What horrible news. You have my deepest sympathy.

I am so very sorry to rest this. I was hoping for better news that this. You have my deepest sympathy.

How very sad, and seemingly unexpected. Having gone through a near-suicidal period myself not all that long ago, I can empathise on what he may have been feeling, and hiding.

Though I don’t think we directly interacted all that often, he was a stalwart regular sight on these boards, with expertise he wasn’t afraid to enthusiastically share. He will be missed.

So very sorry to see this news; my condolences to you and yours, zweisamkeit.

I am truly sorry to hear this. I interacted with him a great deal on various car threads (particularly ones relating to electric cars) and while we often had differing opinions, I always found his posts informative and looked forward to reading them. In fact, from my stats he was one of the top 5 people on this board that I replied to. I did get the sense that he suffered from depression but had no idea it was this bad. My deepest condolences.

I am so sorry. I will hold your brother and you in my heart.

Hoping you‘ll be back as often as you can.

I am sorry.

I am so sorry to hear this. Suicide can add an additional element to grief. If posting here can help you in any way please do so, we will listen.

This is awful news. Thinking of you and your family.

Very sorry to hear this, condolences and best wishes to family and friends.

I’m stunned. Words are inadequate, but I’m sorry for your loss.

jz had always been one of my favorites, regardless of the topic. What a horrific turn of events.

Peace to his family; we can only guess at what private demons drove him to this pass.