Uranus, Dictator, Poontang: A Word.

There are some words in the English language that always make me laugh when ever I hear them. I can’t help myself, they just create a mental image of sorts and I crack up laughing.

Universally I think the one word that cracks us all up is Uranus, even though the serious astronomers and astrologers among us tried to change it to Ouranus (pronounced: EwwRannos) but that, to me and my low brow humour, just ended up cracking me up even more.

Two words crack me up every time.

1. Dictator, or as I prefer Dick Tater ( as in potater), I keep seeing a Saddam Hussein crossed Gaddafi figure with a potato for a dick. And as it has been on the news a lot lately with a lot of Dick Taters on the decline…well, mate, I can’t stop laughing.

2. The second word I did a bit of research into, I know that’s hard to believe, is Poontang. Apparently its not just about lovely Asian lasses but encompasses the whole Asian sex thing from start to finish. The bit that cracks me up is the exclamation of “I’m gunna get me some Poontang”, and the “licky licky sucky sucky me love you long time” …it just sounds so funny. Well, I think so.

So here’s to Your Anus, My Anus and Our Anuses combined. Cheers.

“Perrett” is quite an amusing word.

Moved Cafe Society --> MPSIMS.

I always thought dictator sounded like a venereal disease. “Ewww. You’ve got dick tators.”

Given those three words I thought this was going to be a discussion about North Korea.

I am glad you are amused and that I amuse you.

It rhymes with Ferrett…

When I was in school a teacher pointed out that we could cheer ourselves up when reading/talking about assassination by remembering that assassinate had “ass ass” in it. It’s the kind of stupid shit that I remembered and snickered at.

Didn’t someone sometime do something, not sure if written or performed, about inherently funny words? My instinct says a routine, but I’d believe article easily. I’d look it up myself but my comp hates me right now. Sorry for the vague. I think I remember things like pickle, monkey, Kalamazoo, and llama on it.

Well, you could consider just about EVERYTHING that Walt Kelly ever wrote in Pogo. One of Churchy’s common exclamations when he was startled was “WEEHAWKEN!”

(n.b.: For all you Auslanders in Oz: That’s a town in New Jersey. http://www.weehawken-nj.us/ )

Furbelow
Squelch
Borborygmus
Cacomistle
Skulk

What’s the connection between Uranus and North Korea?

Uranus is the planet of change in a disruptive sense. Venus is the planet of Poontang. Uranus was perhaps disrupting (opposing) Kim Ills poontang causing him to have a heart attack and die. Maybe, and this is just a maybe, perhaps Kim Ill last stand was with a North Korean beauty… my proffessional delineation as a half-assed astrologer would be: Sex Scandal Cover Up, something unnatural (Uranus) and sexual (Venus/Poontang) occurred when the Dick Tater died.

Uranus = asshole. North Korea has that as a dictator. And Poontang sounds like some North Korean town.

In Futurama, the professor told Fry that the name of Uranus had been been changed to to Urectum. This so that no one would make jokes about it.