US Capitol under siege

More has come out about the late Ashli Babbitt, shot by Capitol Police Officer Michael Byrd, and martyred by DJT and his minions.

Sounds like she was – in the vernacular – a ‘hot mess:’

Ultimately her past doesn’t really matter. She was at the front of a violent mob bent on harming or killing elected officials, and broke through a barrier against the direct orders of a law enforcement officer who was pointing a gun at her in order to protect his charges. There is clear audio and video of her and the mob’s actions up to and including the shooting.

If she’s a “martyr”, it is only to her own bad decisions.

I guess that one point would be that the people who have canonized this woman:

• Think that she is Mother Teresa, and
  • Think that Barack and Michelle Obama were horrible people

It speaks volumes about the values of the MAGA followers and 1/6 acolytes.

The latest angle in the investigation:

…In a letter to Hannity Tuesday, the heads of the committee wrote that they were in possession of material that suggested Hannity “had advance knowledge regarding President Trump’s and his legal team’s planning for January 6th.”…

It really does appear that the investigators are running this like an organized crime syndicate investigation.

Squeeze the small players (proud boys etc). Keep others free and surveil them. Gather evidence. Go after mid level players and squeeze them with the collected evidence. Let their lawyers know that good behavior will result in leniency. Go after the upper level players with the new evidence.

We’re at that stage now. Hannity is going to sing like a little bird. Oh, he’ll posture for the cameras, and blather about how he has “executive privilege” or some such nonsense. But when under the bright lights faced with actual evidence and actual punishment… He’ll collapse.

It will be interesting to see what he does when Trump and the little Trumpsters throw him under the bus. “Ow, ow, stop eating my face!”

ETA “We are in possession of material…” Love this. Hannity probably had to spend an hour on the toilet after reading this.

Nice thought, but I doubt it. He’s too mobbed up. Until they start chucking “Sedition” charges around and show they’ve flipped someone big who can take them all down they will just run out the clock. Of course, Sean may be the one to flip. I wonder what they have on him in other areas…?

Noted elsewhere – that Donald blabbing to a paid employee of a news organization may have shot executive privilege claims to hell.

And lolz at Hannity dropping some Article 25 shit among his texts to Meadows.

A thought just stuck to me: (But no serious damage done.)

The Jan. 6 Committee is uncovering shit at such a pace now, they should create a web page, like that Webb Telescope real-time tracker page, that shows a continually updating status of the investigation.

I definitely think they should start televising the investigation. I can remember how my father changed his support for Nixon, while watching the news at night back in the day.

It broke his heart, but he came to see that Nixon had fooled him.

Trump is like Ziggy Stardust. ♫ Like a leopard messiah…

Yes, I know it’s ‘leper’, but there are people out there that my read this who don’t understand jokes.

Coming soon, to Netflix.

I came home from work every day and watched the Watergate hearings on TV. Listening to John Dean’s testimony was mesmerizing.

They’re already planning to televise their proceedings. Look for this to start in the next several weeks.

I wonder if the daily show and the like will show play by play comparisons between this investigation and the Benghazi one. In some sense they are basically the same thing. Quesntions raised regarding lack of response to a mob attack on a important government building. The main difference being that one was in a far off land with the nearest assistance three and a half hours away, while in the other case it was smack dab in the middle of the nation’s capital.

And in only one of the two were the attackers American citizens.

And in only one was there a threat to the orderly transition of power to the next leader of our government.

And one was on our soil. Makes it easier to drop motorcycles or something, but whatever.

Watching Senator Sam and his dancing eyebrows was also mesmerizing.

So who won the thread?

The cat keeps challenging the results, so we’re waiting on Cyber Ninjas to recount the ballots so it can’t sue and get the SDMB shut down.

They should be done in a couple of weeks.