US Capitol under siege

No one important is getting charged here. Hannity has nothing to fear, and his disciples will keep watching.

Wonderful quote from the Washington Post, repeated on Maddowblog:

Only the Best People[tm]…

A 22-year-old woman who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was drunk and driving in the wrong direction on Wednesday night when she killed a young mom and seriously injured another driver, authorities said…
…“Why is she still out?” Donaldson [the deceased’s mother] told the outlet. “With what she did to the government, why is she still walking the street? To me, she’s a piece of [expletive]…

#4, picked by me after deciding that none of the votes were legitimate and George Soros’ fingerprints were all over this travesty of an election - the truth on this fraud will all come out very shortly, two weeks tops, I can promise you that.

The young lady pictured - I called her Little Greenie, but her real name is Megan Paradise, is presently still at large. I will prepare a dossier on her and start a thread in a forum yet to be determined so we can all adopt this Very Special person and cheer on her eventual and inevitable capture. Do stay tuned!

Oh, a stripper. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Can’t we do more than cheer? Let’s start staking her out, maybe a taser ambush. I’ll pick up some zip-ties on the way.

Okay, I’ll volunteer to stake out her place of work, maybe interrogate her coworkers.

How about you curb your vigilante compulsions and let law enforcement handle any actual physical surveillance and/or contact type stuff?

FFS, what the hell are you thinking posting something like that?

It’s a joke. About going to a strip club. Distasteful perhaps, but not meant to be taken as a literal offer to engage in surveillance and interrogation.

[Moderating]
Let’s not joke about committing felonies, please.

No warning issued.
[/Moderating]

The second part of the post was a decent joke, but the first part… Creepy as hell.

Well, in one of those investigations many government officials (like Hillary) sat in front of their congressional interrogators for hours answering questions; in the other Republicans are just casually ignoring subpoenas & requests to answer questions as they dare the committee to do anything about it. Now that’s a comparison I’d like to see spread far and wide.

^ Just shows how tough Republicans are, compared to wussy DemonRats.

He’s not a cat.

He’s a human lawyer. His kids put a filter on his Zoom app and he can’t figure out how to disable the damn thing.

Precisely! My point is that all of the arguments of “Congressional overreach”, “politicizing a tragedy” ,“Executive privilege”, “Partisan witch hunt”, etc that are being applied to the Jan 6th commission are hilarious (no pun intended) when viewed in light of the Benghazi investigation.

Very sorry, got carried away and really should’ve reread before I clicked submit. I would’ve deleted the whole thing.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I was totally on edge yesterday. I’m afraid the anniversary of 1/6 is going to make that a bad day every year, as bad as 9/11…

Probably an unanswerable question, but I wonder how many attendees at his earlier rallies wore tactical gear and carried weapons? Or carried rope and wood for erecting gallows?

One of my favorite things about this episode is a picture drawn by an artist I like. Yes, it’s worth clicking through to. Trust me.

For post #999, here is the promised new thread for “Little Greenie”, our wayward Deplorable, may her name be praised.

I considered putting it in Politics, Mundane Pointless, or the Game Room but really, right here in the Pit seems most fitting, a sanctuary where we need not hold our feelings in check.

Please visit and give her the hearty Pit welcome I know you’re capable of!

An alleged Capitol rioter boasted about his IQ in court Thursday before immediately undermining his point by asking a judge for permission to fight his prison guards, according to a report from the courthouse. Josiah Kenyon, 34, is accused of storming the Capitol while dressed as Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas and assaulting police officers with a table leg that had a nail sticking out of it. According to Politico’s Kyle Cheney, Kenyon appeared in court Thursday and indicated to the judge that he wanted to say something. Judge Carl Nichols reportedly advised Kenyon to run his statement by his attorney first, but Kenyon responded: “I have a high enough IQ range to not screw up there, boss.” According to Cheney, Kenyon then said he wanted the judge to acknowledge that was allowed to defend himself if he was assaulted by prison guards. Nichols reportedly refused to rule one way or the other, to which Kenyon is said to have replied: “Okey-doke.”