US Midterm Election watch along thread

Interesting that Nevada has ‘none of the above’ as an option.

I’ve often wanted that as a choice – including, this year, in a couple of unopposed-Republican local races, which I had to settle for leaving blank.

Anybody know what happens in Nevada if ‘none of the above’ gets the most votes?

I read this as:

“IRC they also just keep revolting if no one candidate gets a majority.”

Given the likely make-up of the Republican conference in the House, this probably works just as well.

House is at 200d - 211r!

Dem. Aguilar is projected to defeat GOP candidate and fervent election denier Jim Marchant for Sec. of State in NV.

It does deserve its own thread I think.

By the way, it was mentioned upthread that the Alaska ranked choice result wouldn’t happen until 11/23. There is a good reason why it will take so long. While we know it will go to ranked choice, not all of the votes are counted yet. There will be a vote drop on 11/15 and another on 11/18. This is also the reason why we don’t have a final call on the House race.

Hobbs and Kelly just added to their leads from Pima county, with another dump in about an hour.

89k left in Pima, to process.

Apologies.

This is incredibly good news. It’s interesting how the GOP got the fewest votes here compared to the Senate and then the Governor and illustrates that people in NV may be conservative but are fed up with the MAGA shit.

Alaska continues to accept overseas absentee ballots through November 23.

They just called the governor race in Nevada.

Nevada dump, the lead widened a bit due to Douglas county as laxalt got 60% of that vote. Nearly 2k lead now.

5-6k estimated rural votes left.

Yavapai county just gave masters a bit of a boost. He 70ish% of the votes

Lake also narrowed the lead a tad as she got 73% of the same vote dump.

Now that’s a surprise.

Not, I’m surrounded by mean, bitter people.

That’s actually a smaller bump than was predicted (3k net out of 10k votes). He only got net 1.2k out of 5.1k ballots.

2 more democrat seats in Congress! 202d - 211r.

Every vote is sacred, every vote is great, if a vote is wasted…

The police have just announced that the envelope full of suspicious powder sent to the Lake headquarters didn’t have anything suspicious about it except for the lack of powder.

I doubt that would have changed any votes if it was announced last week when they first noticed the lack of powder but…you know…

The last vote dump has turned deniers pretty hysterical and I’ve been hearing of small outbreaks of vandalism and violence happening. Arizona.

That’s awful! I’m watching MSNBC, they’re waiting for a big vote batch to be released for AZ in the next few minutes.

ETA: new vote on AZ broke in favor of Kelly big time!

MSNBC is projecting Mark Kelly as the winner in the AZ race for senator.