US Occupation of Iraq or Saddam Occupation of Iraq?

What’s the difference and which is worse?

Millions have protested against the US over the past year, millions are protesting in London right now. So should Iraq be given back to Saddam?

Why can’t we refer to
the “Bashar al-ASAD Occupation of Syria”
the “Saud Occupation of Saudi Arabia”
the “Ayatollah Occupation of Iran”
of the “lil’Kim Occupation of North Korea”?

How is it that we are now critical of the US for doing exactly what these governments have been doing for decades?

Why call it an occupation, why not just another Mid-East military coup?

Just to throw in a twist, we also refer to the Israeli occupation of Palestine, but never the Arafat Occupation of Palestine. Why? What’s the difference?

I believe in the American Revolution. and the French, and the Russian, and the Elbonian…

I believe that revolutionaries…like us…should hang together. Or otherwise seperately, to quote a famous postal clerk and kite flyer.

I believe we cannot do worse, hippies that we are, than the example laid before us.

I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way . . .

A man has to believe in something, and I believe I’ll have another drink.

I have a hard time crying because the US took out Sadam’s regime. That said I’d like to think that we could have done a better job drumming up support for the war. I don’t really care if it was illegal (which is debatable I guess) because international laws shouldn’t protect dictators who brutalized their people.

A coup typically happens from within not without.
Marc

I’d like to think they set their standards a little higher than that.