US OPEN thread

Was happy to see him stride out of the gate with a double on #1.
How about Lefty’s quad?! :eek:
And Appleby’s 4-putt - 3 from inside 3’!
Go Rocco!

Mickelson got a nine. He is done. He had a two wood built to get accuracy and can’t hit the fairways.
They said there were wide fairways and driving would not be a problem. Tiger can not stay on the course either.

I was amazed at how calm Phil stayed watching 3 shots in a row trickle down that slope on his way to the quad. If it had been John Daly he would have hit the third one into the parking lot.

Wow, nice eagle putt Tiger! Hell, you almost holed it on your second shot!

That was a pretty fair putt young Eldrige just made.

How does he do it?

Amazing.

Nice chip on 17 there, Tiger.

Holy shit, what a chip shot.

Who is that guy? Nice read on 18!

Wow.

I believe he’s 13-0 when leading a Major on sunday. That knee lookslike it’s really hurting him, though. Still, that’s one of the most amazing back nines I’ve ever seen.

amazing, take 2

Unbelievable. Only Tiger.

I really hope that knee holds up tomorrow. That was a helluva display of golf. Unfucking believable. They were interviewing the leader (Westwood?) in the clubhouse, and asking how it felt to be in the lead or tied on Sunday. Well, it would’ve felt pretty good, but now he’s a stroke behind Tiger on the final day of a major.

That was some entertaining fucking golf. I’d like to be the guy at NBC who pitched the idea of having a finish in prime time.

This is a skins competition, right?

Because i just watched ESPN Sport Center’s coverage of the Open, and as far as i could tell, the only people playing were Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and Rocco Mediate.

I don’t know if I’d call what Mickelson did today “playing.”

Yeah, that was kind of my point.

There are a few players who consistently get all the coverage, whether they’re doing well or not. Woods and Mickelson are the most obvious. If they have a good round, the sports shows all cream their pants about how good they are, and if they have a bad round , the sports shows all tell us about every single sliced drive or missed putt. It’s extremely goddamn annoying.

I sleep during the day and woke up just as Tiger was finishing the 12th. Wow did I tune in at the right time!!

Only Tiger would get that Chip on 17 to go down for him. Even he couldn’t believe it.

Tiger is going to go in this tournament as far as that knee can hold up. He really seemed to be in visible pain at times… but I’m pretty sure he was feeling no pain after that putt on 18, haha!

Still, that fourth day walking 18 has got to be rough. If anybody can push this through and throw down a 66 tomorrow though- its going to be Tiger.