Use of "bigot" in all context's?

In a thread in Cafe Society discuss a recent country release, someone used the term “bigot” to describe those that would bash the song.

In a misguided attempt to steer the conversation, I mentioned that the dictionary definition of bigot could aslo be used against those that support the song without question, and by assosciation those that are militantly pro-gay.
bigot
n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own (dictionary.com)

Would this definition apply to someone who views that homosexuality is acceptable and ok, and feels strong intolerance of any other opinion, is the term bigot used specifically to describe someone who holds an “incorrect” viewpoint?

I certainly don’t want to give anyone the impression that I’m anti-gay, or anti-willie nelson, or anti-anything save ignorance.

It’s my impression that “bigot” and “racist” are among the most misused words in our language. As commonly used they mean little more than “one who disagrees with my own prejudices.”

Ambrose Bierce could really have fun with this idea.

Rather than “incorrect” I would suggest “irrational”. Being anti-X for rational reasons isn’t bigotry. Being anti-X for irrational reasons is.

MY MW11 Collegiate says

Historically it started out dealing only with religion.

So in that case, everyone is a bigot. If you dislike religion with strong opinions, you’re a bigot. If you’re religious and have strong opinions of those that have a disregard for religion, you’re a bigot.

Everyone is a bigot, because everyone has opinions about one group or another.

Historically, “nice” has meant a variety of things from “exact” to “simple-minded”, and beyond.

Maybe we could leave history behind for a short while, and talk about the meanings words have now, as we are speak.

“as we are speak”; right now, by that I mean, “as we speak”.

As my boner illustrates, I just want clearer communication. Perhaps from people who aren’t familiar with it.

I would assume that my MW11 would speak to “now?”