Using Nord VPN with Roku TV

I won’t ask for a really detailed answer, though offer them up if you want.

I just changed from a POS Android Philips TV to a Roku. I subscribe to Nord for use with Locast. The new TV has the Locast app but apparently you can’t install Nord on it. I tried using my phone as a hotspot, them just flat out screencast, but I keep getting a message on the phone saying bad location.

It worked well with the Android. So the question is this. Can I use Nord and Locast on the tv somehow or am I SOL?

Oh, and I checked my router but nothing in any menu shows a VPN seeing

Depending on the model, Nord may allow you to flash the firmware. I use ExpressVPN. I have two wifi routers, one of which is flashed with ExpressVPN firmware. It is a permanent VPN that I run all of my TVs off of.

That sounds interesting. Not sure how to flash a router though. I’ll have to research it. Thanks for the tip.

If you can’t flash your router there is always this option which will cover everything it’s attached to:

Locast just suspended operations. I just got this in my email:
"As a non-profit, Locast was designed from the very beginning to operate in accordance with the strict letter of the law, but in response to the court’s recent rulings, with which we respectfully disagree, we are hereby suspending operations, effective immediately.

Thank you."

Yeah, last night I saw an email saying they were no longer going to interrupt service for people who didn’t donate, and you could tell it was headed in that direction – just didn’t know it was going to be, like, today.

I guess cutting the cord is getting less and less attractive, which is the point.