Valet Auto Review: Porsche Carrera S

This edition of VAR deals with the Porsche Carrera S.

The model was silver with flat black interior.

The ignition, like all Porsches, was on the door-side of the steering wheel: IIRC, a throwback to the days of LeMans when drivers had to run to their cars , start them up, and drive off to get to first place; the odd placement of the ignition meant the driver could start the car while still outside.

This is a sports car with two rear seats…useable if your passengers still wear diapers or at least have paper thin calf muscles.

The engine is a bit of a mystery…aside from the air filter box and an alternator, not much of it can be seen, though it revs smoothly.

Instead of a Tiptronic auto slushbox, this model had an honest-to-God 6 speed manual.

As a performance car, its suspension is very tight: you will feel every nook and cranny on the road surface as you drive

It smooths out around 70.

70?—in a valet parking lot. That must be really smooth… :slight_smile:

Makes me envy the OP’s job, though.
Keep up the thread, enola **

( *and by the way, off topic, but I just gotta add: I love your username. When I first saw it years ago, I though to myself, “gee whiz, what does that mean? I suppose it’s the opposite of ‘Enola crooked’. Huh?” Then the [del]atom bomb[/del] light bulb lit up

I didn’t know this…interesting.

I like these threads.

Additionally, this configuration allows a free right hand for the gear shift, further hastening their take-off.

I checked out the link you provided. I love their statement under “Technical Specs in Detail”

By the way, did you get the opportunity to get it into 6th gear? :smiley: