Very stupid overheard conversations

There’s a stable out back…

@kitap, there’s a place on the internet for you: https://notalwaysright.com/

I don’t feel.comfortable posting them there.

“Ooh, that’ll fit in perfectly with my martyr complex!”

A couple of years ago we spent a few days visiting friends in a suburb of Boise. When we checked into our hotel, we were behind some jackass who started ranting to the clerk about how “all the Californians are moving up here and ruining everything.”

The clerk responded with one simple sentence: “I’m from California.”

To which my wife piped up with “well, we are too! What part?”

Jackass finished his check-in in silence.

Is there a manger for the baby?

Did she demand to see the manger?

Excellent.

Though now I’m picturing the mother of Jesus as a dyslexic Karen…

…Lies away at night wondering if there really is a dog in the manger…

Her line is straight out of a book called IIRC, “Swimming With Sharks” about how to be rich or something. I read it a long time ago.

I think it’s someone thinking the old joke is a true story:

Clerk: “I’m sorry sir, but we have no rooms.”
Customer: “Tell me something. If President Coolidge walked in and asked for a room, would you have a room for him?”
Clerk: “The President? Well…yes, we’d find a room for him.”
Customer: “OK, then I’ll take his room. I have it on good authority he’s not coming tonight.”

Lots of people think, since we’re a resort, that we have one. Nope.

So he stole the joke!

This is the book and lots of advice in it was silly, but some was ok.

You are a resort hotel?
Then you must have a room of last resort! :wink:

We do. But the previous Karen took that one just 5 minutes before you got here. Neener neener! :wink:

Thankfully the worst hotel customer I ran across (as far as the employees go. there have been plenty of generically-loud-and-obnoxious ones), was when I was behind someone checking in to a Hampton Inn somewhere in red rock country Utah, who got into a 10 minute long argument with the clerk that even though the hotel was fully booked, (and at least he did have reservations, as did I) that he should be able to park his RV-size pickup-and-trailer taking up several parking spots, and proceeded to throw around that he should get special treatment because he’s a Hitlon Diamond member. Eventually they came to an understanding that he might be called on to make room if other guests can’t park.

Speaking of which, the last time I stayed at a Hampton I ran into the same issue, since it was packed with many semis taking up several spots each, and unlike a lot of the time with hotels, they hadn’t come to an agreement with the mall right next to them about parking in each others’ spots. Thankfully I managed to wedge myself one spot behind one of the sideways-parked semis and, also thankfully, did not awake to a damaged car or cries of consternation from a jammed trucker.

That reminded me of the time I got stuck behind a guy who got in a 10 minute argument with the clerk because he insisted that they should put him in an extra special room for the price of a standard room, because he stayed there a lot. Although I can’t help but think that that if he really stayed there as much as he claimed he would have been a member of the hotel’s rewards program, which likely would have gotten him the upgrade he wanted.

Some of the rewards programs are great - Wyndham Rewards, for example - but people find it easier just to berate the front desk. We’re not really people, after all.

Got a new one for ya! We were waiting to go into Texas Roadhouse for lunch and there were 2 men ahead of us in line - obviously not together. One turns to the other and declares that he heard on the news that we’d be required to wear masks at least until the next election because mail-in ballots will no longer be allowed. So 4 more years of masks.

I needed a mask to covered my :roll_eyes:

Walking down my street today;

Young person dressed in a two piece matching outfit with bold vibrant flowers.

Overhead as I passed:

“And so that’s why we always traditionally have a Jesus Pinata. After all, that’s the reason for the season!”

That’s all I heard.