Video game forums are fucking worthless.

I think we need a toilet paper simulation game to test these arguments!

(But should it be for the PC or the Wii?! :eek: I don’t want to imagine the wiimote moves…)

I think the 360 would be the premium platform for this game. The graphics and support would be top-notch.

Bah. Clearly the PDP-1 would be superior. No other computer comes close to accurately modeling debris around Uranus.

And think of the texture mapping!

You’d really be able to feel the 2-ply.

over here, threads devolve into something else altogether. :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite part is at the end when we’ve all sorted out the problem and everyone agrees and is happy!

Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

The SomethingAwful Games forum is my game forum of choice. Most threadshitters and other console war nonsense are banned.

I think the Penny Arcade forums are great. I spend more time there than I do here.

Don’t tease us!

-XT

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/forumdisplay.php?f=17

And, since this thread isn’t too Pittish, I’m going to go ahead and move this thread on over to the new forum. Mwa hahahahaha hahaha!

Brings a whole new meaning to “red ring of death”…

Wow. Justin Bailey asks for a new forum and within 24 hours he gets it.

What exactly is TubaDiva doing in those pictures you’ve got, Justin?

I was hoping for a new forum. But I thought it might be one in which we didn’t have to post about impending death in Pointless and Mundane Stuff.

Guess I’ll survive. Y’all have serious fun!

Excellent news. I’ve been hoping for just such a forum!

It’s funny. Kotaku.com, even though the actual site content is really unprofessional, usually riddled with typos and errors, etc., the comment threads are great. They’re heavily moderated and you actually have to “audition” to even get posting privileges. On the other hand, Joystiq.com is really well-written and professional-looking, but the comment threads are atrocious. I’ve never read the Penny Arcade forums though, I’ll have to head over and check them out.

There are a couple of sites that I visit that aren’t so evil. One is here and the other is here. Both sites tend to cater to the older gamer.

Eh, no pictures. I’ve been bitching about a games and sports forum for months now. The admins were probably just sick of hearing me whine about it, again, in another thread.

Or maybe I really do have pictures and wouldn’t you like to see?

That was precisely the forum I was thinking of when I opened this thread. I’ve been a member of that board for 7 years now, and their games and fora are both top-notch in terms of professionalism.

Are there any other Paradox gamers out there? They make just the kind of games that history-minded Dopers should really get into.

I’m a Paradox gamer. Well, was - I was heavily into EU/2 and Crusader Kings but kind of died off after that. I was looking forward to EU3, installed it and played for about an hour and haven’t played it since. Oh, and Victoria is way beyond my ability to understand, let alone master.

You are right that the forums are very well behaved. I don’t think I’ve ever seen threadshitting or even pointless waffling.