Videogame Cruelty. (Possibly NSFW)

Oh, we’re on to random acts of kindness now, huh? I always put my character under shelter when I’m playing a game where it occasionally rains and I need to leave the game unattended for a bit. I don’t want my character getting all cold & wet, even though it’s meaningless to the game. :slight_smile:

I always – *ALWAYS *-- wait for Nico to put his helmet on before taking off on a bike.

Don’t your games have the ‘pause’ button?

Unless I’m getting points for time, I prefer they sit there patiently rather than seeing the “GAME PAUSED” screen. Sometimes characters do goofy things when they sit long enough.

In the Thief games, one of the best tactics to use (unless you were “ghosting”, and trying to get through a level without leaving any evidence at all) was to sap people from behind with your blackjack. It only took one hit, and they couldn’t fight back, so it was much safer than a sword fight.

Of course, you couldn’t just leave your clobbered foe to sleep it off in the middle of the floor–the other NPCs might notice, and sound the alarm. You had to hide the body. My favorite “hiding place” for them in Thief: The Dark Project was in the stream in the first level. I’d schlep unconscious guards back down to it and dump them in, where they’d gurgle for a bit before drowning. I dumped everyone in the manor in there once. You could also stuff them in fireplaces, where they’d scream a few times (without waking up) as they roasted to death.

I enjoy wiping out cities in Medieval 2: Total War and killing all POWs.

Well, yeah - but that’s just good policy.

You have to hide bodies in Splinter Cell too, The thing I love about the game is that you could get through entire levels without an NPC ever seeing your face or even knowing you were there, until moments before being knocked out or killed.

p.s. ‘schlep’. I’ve never seen that word before and now I’ve seen it twice in two days on one message board.

Have I got a thread for you.

In my old favorite, Postal 2,* it is entirely possible to lop someone’s arm off, chase the screaming victim down, drenching them with gasoline, set them alight, and letting the flames visibly char their flesh and clothing before sparing their lives by dousing the fire with your own urine, tasering the burned, sobbing wreck until they lose bladder control and curl begging for mercy into a fetal position, and stand on their back as you expose them to enough Anthrax to make them vomit blood, and perform a coup de grace by decapitating the poor unfortunate, kicking the head down the street like a soccer ball—causing confusion, horror, and panic in anyone who encounters the bloody thing—before smashing the head apart with a sledgehammer, spraying blood and brains around the street.

That’s cruelty, my friends.

:slight_smile:

Well that’s the other place I saw the word :slight_smile:

I saw the film version of that game recently… Without really knowing it was based on a game. Not knowing what I was watching I started off thinking it was a serious film.

I wish I could wipe the memory of Dave Foley’s weiner from my brain!

I’ve played a lot of Hitman: Blood Money, over 100 hours now. On that level in New Orleans after a particularly botched kill I was force to slaughter every last person - except the guy you mustn’t - (the real people, not the non-substantive crowd who don’t count as witnesses), during which crusade I ran out of bullets so progressed onto the kitchen knife.

Now, at the end of a mission in Hitman you’re given a rating based on subtlety, ranging from Terrorist, or Mass Murderer, or similar at the ‘bad’ end, to Silent Assassin as the best. What I only found out now was that there are special ratings given when you kill a certain number of people with a certain weapon. In this case? 47 was the ‘Sushi Chef’.

You know the last film that Dave Foley did a nude scene in before that (that I’m aware of)? Monkeybone.

Obviously cursed, 'e is.

Of course, it was a Uwe Boll film…so by all rights, the cutscenes in the game itself were better than the movie could have been.