Videogame Cruelty. (Possibly NSFW)

I recorded this using my mobile phone…

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/lobley/library?action=view&current=VIDEO0005.flv

It is probably very tame by many people’s standards, and probably far from tame by many other people’s standards. By mine it’s tame. No real harm is being done. And I reckon the game’s designers didn’t even think about this being a possibility of their game (though they did obviously consider killing people, but they put it in a negative light - Most levels lower your score if you kill people, especially ‘civilians’)

You don’t have to post videos, but please describe the time or times when you figured out you could take advantage of the programming of a particular game to cause harm to an NPC (That stands for “Non-Player Character” for the uninformed. It is basically the people you encounter in the game, that are not being controlled by another human being)
edit: I forgot to ask - The way I got this required me to assign completely different tasks to both arms. So I operated the phone with one and operated the game with both. most games require both so what I am able to do is somewhat limited. Does anyone know of cheap or free software that records to video what goes on in a game?

Further to this… does anyone know of something that can make a video of only the succesful attempts at a game (i.e. only the bits of the game where you didn’t press the ‘quickload’ button - so what you get is what seems to be a perfect continuous run of the game)

Tame doesn’t begin to explain it if you’ve ever played Grand Theft Auto IV. I’ve taken out 2 dozen civilians inside of 10 seconds with one muscle car, sending bodies flying either into traffic or up in the air, complete blood curdling screams and scream curdling blood.
Ah … good old fashion, wholesome entertainment.

Running people down GTA IV is a laugh and a half. Especially cops. I once lasted about 10 minutes in a cop car stolen from a barricade, running down cops and civilians left and right, until the car finally took too much damage to continue (and I wasn’t exactly driving safely, so surviving that long was insane…especially considering I had a head-on with one of those damn tanks the cops have)… Hit them just right and they fly most entertainingly…

I also like crashing so that my character goes flying out the window, so it’s not ALL sadistic. <_<

My glorious moment was when I was speeding down the road, hit a small bump so my car went flying. In the air I jumped out, hit someone with my body, killed them, and then my car flew into a group of people.

I couldn’t do that again if I tried.

Best I’ve ever seen was when my husband was playing. He smacked into a group of cars, including a police car, and the car caught on fire. He jumped out, ran, and turned to watch. The cops jumped out of the car and were standing around. The car exploded, catching the cops on fire. They’re running around on fire, screaming, and a second car explodes. The cop goes flying up into the air, so far up it was off the scream. About five seconds later, his body comes down, right in front of Niko.

I swear, we didn’t stop laughing for five minutes.

Does attacking chickens in Legend of Zelda count? Cuz I have an unhealthy amount of love for that.

I’ll see your GTA IV and raise you Carmageddon where in you can run down the guy flagging the start of the race and if you don’t plow through dozens of screaming victims on a regular basis then you’re probably going to lose badly…

The Sims is good for killing. My old roommate would spend hours building a nice mansion with a swimming pool moat around it, invite a dozen people over, lure them into the moat, then remove the ladders and watch them all drown.

And here is a funny webcomic that deals with The Sims.

Oh yeah. Walling people off in a room with a stove is fun. Make sure there’s a fire alarm, so you can watch the firemen futilely try to save them.

I used to love in GTA San Andreas, hijacking a fuel tanker or two, positioning them to block the highway, then hiding in the bushes and shooting the tankers, causing huge pile-ups and massive, dozens-strong car explosions. Like watching a very intense ant farm.

Joe

In GTA, there’s always the fun of using your helicopter’s rotor to shred crowds.

Bolding mine - is that even Freudian? Or is it too obvious for that?

Rollercoaster Tycoon let you build amusement parks of torture and doom. You could pick up people and put them in a small, walled off zone, with no access to food or bathrooms, and leave them there to suffer.

You could also have rollercoasters that go too fast up an incline and fly off as if it were a ramp and crash into the ocean. Or, you could have a perfectly normal rollercoaster where the exit leads them off a cliff into the ocean, so the people step off the ride and fall to their deaths.

D’oh! I even double-checked what I wrote. Probably not Freudian (or maybe it is). Just too much time spent staring at words today.

Forgot to mention the body was still burning when it crashed down, by the way.

In Counterstrike: Source, in the hostage levels it can be a good tactic for the counter-terrorists (CTs) to actually kill hostages. There are four hostages in a level that must be saved. If some (Two? One might be enough) of them are saved, but its unlikely the CTs will be able to save the rest, they can simply kill the remaining hostages. They will win the round - there is a penalty for killing hostages, but its still a good deal to win the round. Probably a bug to make sure the rounds ends at all, but its weird.

Somebody posted this to a “funniest online videos” thread a few months back: Human Bowling

I got him every chance I could simply because of his ignorance. Jerk, you mark the end of the race with a checkered flag. At the beginning, you wave a green flag.

In Eve Online I have a collection of corpses of other players that I found floating in space.

You can also recycle goods for their mineral components. I have tried to recycle marines, prostitutes and exotic dancers. It doesn’t work.

In Fable you can slaughter a whole village and then come back and buy up all the empty homes and rent them out. You start to become evil, and then there are ways that you can absolve yourself of evil. So you can own all the homes in the whole game and then beat the game as a good guy.

OMG, that made me LOL. First time today!