Violence leading into the 2018 Midterms

In a thread about shooting up the GOP office in Florida? Really? I would understand your reaction if this thread were about the synagogue shooting, but it’s not.

You’ll notice that in my post I made no claim about who had perpetrated the attacks.

I noticed that you left yourself an “out” just in case people questioned the source of the attacks, yes.

If only those windows had had guns in them. What a senseless yawn tragedy.

Fox and Trump is telling them the border will be assaulted by criminals and ISIS.

The windows may have been threatening in some way. In that case it’s a clear cut case of stand your ground. This did happen in Florida.

It doesn’t matter if the windows actually were threatening, only if the shooter thought they were. If he gets caught, we’ll just have to ask him if he was threatened, and if he says yes, well, there’s nothing more to be done.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the windows out there.

Don’t forget thoughts and prayers for the shooter who probably feared for his or her life.

Wow - I did a shit job of posting my thoughts on this obviously.

I had just read about the Florida shooting, and shots fired get my attention. Of course I know about the bomb mailings (and we already have a thread on that), as I know about the attempted ricin mailings (in case something thinks that is a deep secret or not reported on). Nor was I trying for an equivalence.

I was thinking about specific actions against partisan, political targets ramping up in the final days before the midterm elections and wondering if we were seeing an increase even at the local level.

Given that HD believes those eleven Jews were just scared to death by a scary-looking gun (I guess they all had heart attacks, or fainted and had a bad fall that killed them, or something), I doubt there’s much point in trying to get through to him.

You are grossly misreprrsenting my position.

If so, then you are grossly representing it.

You’re being a jerk. If you want to Pit someone, do it in the Pit. This is personal, insulting, and inappropriate for this forum. This should be a warning but it’s not. Please don’t continue with this type of offering in this forum.

This is also unnecessarily personal. Dial it back.

There’s room to talk about political violence leading to next week’s election. But if folks want to just snipe at each other, go to the Pit.

[/moderating]

…carrying small pox, leprosy, and tuberculosis.

It was a “legitimate” question only in the sense that it used sarcasm to legitimately call attention to OP’s crocodile tears. This OP is the same Doper whose contribution to a thread on voter suppression in Georgia was to note that some foreign countries require voter ID, who needed to praise Trump for deporting a war criminal, who “contributes” to a thread about hate crimes by mentioning “anti-white hate crimes,” who complained when Alex Jones’ Infowar channel was banned from Yahoo, and so on.

Did you not see the note above? This isn’t the Pit. If you want to Pit someone, do it there. This isn’t responsive to the thread in any way, it’s just not even veiled attacks on a poster.

Tolerance is waning.

[/moderating]

Sorry. And no, I didn’t see the Note. I tend to click in response to questions, perhaps only doing the barest of skims to see if the question was addressed. This is my bad habit, and I’ll try to exercise more care in future.