~~~ Virtual Thanksgiving Dinner ~~~

Some people are worth welcoming twice. Perhaps a hug would be nice as well. :slight_smile:

((((((Darkhold))))))

Geez, get a room guys! BelchExcuse me, that’s the champagne and full stomach talking.

Hugs are always nice. Just be careful sometimes my hands wander.

{{{{{{{misstee}}}}}}}

brings in his cornbread dressing with lots of sage and chicken and a huge casserole dish of spinach maria

MMMMmm smells wonderful.

Giblet gravy is a religion in my family. Also a beverage. I’ll do the honors here, so the rest of you can just back off!

Also deviled eggs…gots to have lots of deviled eggs.

For a slight change of pace for desert, how about some raspberry sorbet for the 3-helpings-of-turkey crowd, made from last summer’s harvest, and a pumpkin creme brulee for those who only stuffed themselves to near bursting.

Welcome lokij and Chefguy.
The more food, the better!!!

Hang on.
Disappears in a puff of smoke
Reappears carrying the Queen of England in a cardboard box under one arm and his Grandmother’s Chocolate Cake under the other.

You have to try this cake, it unbelieveable…Oh what? The Queen? What queen? This queen? Oh THIS Queen. Well the idea is that I cut a hole in the front of the box, give her a prod witha stick and then listen to her ramble on. I want you guys to see what you are missing out on.

Hey hey hey hey hey, I have a mother of my own, and she can ramble on and on and on and on. Believe me, I know where you are coming from. I finally figured out how to shut her up !

peeks in through the window at the revelers from her cold and lonely hedge, still dressed in her bathing suit as she shivers violently but remains at her perch

Mmmmmmmmmm, pumpkin pie… drool

Devilled eggs coming up!

And ccwaterback - if you’ll just bring the coconut, I’ve got the rest of the fixins for the Hawaiian salad. Y’all don’t mind if I just scrape the marshmallows off the sweet potatoes for this, do you?

And someone get a towel for that poor shivering arachnid!

Hi I always take Grandma’s Little Potato Things to any thanksgiving dinner. I believe there is supposed to some fancy french name for these things but they have been Grandma’s little potato things for four generations that i know of.

take a bunch of potatoes, peal boil with salt to taste
Mash said potatoes with enough cheddar cheese to make them turn orange, milk and butter. let cool

Make standard pastry. ( Mom likes to use lard i use crisco)
roll out said paistry and spread potatoes on it. roll up like a jelly roll. Cool over night in a refrigerator (you don’t have to but it sure helps.)

About the time you are making the gravy, slice the rolls about 3/4" place the slices on a cookie sheet with a little paprika or tumeric for color on top. bake till the pastry looks done. Tastes best with gravy on the too. Number of servings depends on how many rolls you make and whether people have had them before. The number of rolls needed in our family keeps going up even as the number of people goes down.

So anyway i may need a little oven space before we eat.

Sorry about the spelling, but they really are good