Visiting Spokane June 22nd to the 27th.

I have never been to Washington state before. Just visiting some friends and we’re trying to decide places to go, things to see, restaurants to eat at. My friends have lived there all of their lives, so they probably already have some good ideas of where to go and what to visit, but–in my opinion–you can never have too many suggestions.
Just to be clear from the start though, Seattle is out of the question. We’re mostly going to be just staying in and around Spokane. We MIGHT go a little bit into Idaho or Montana (like Missoula), but we will not be going to any place that is farther from Spokane than that, including Canada.
Also, anyone living in that area interested in a small lunch meet up, maybe? It’s okay if it’s just one or two posters, because not sure I’d have time for a really big meet up that is “Dopefest” size…but I can always play it by ear too.

For the record, Missoula is 3 hours away while Canada is only 2 and half.

My mistake, but Canada is still off the list due to some people in our group not able to go across the border. :wink:

Just came back from that area. My daughter lives in Spokane, but spends most of her time in the Coeur D’Alene area. CDA is a beautiful place, nice little downtown, you can hike all around Tubbs rock at the harbor. Spokane has a somewhat shakey rep. Fine during the day, but don’t go out at night. I think that’s going overboard, but that’s what some say.

Eastern Washington has some amazing geology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_Falls

That’s a bit of a drive, but closer than Coeur D’Alene.

I meant Missoula. Coeur D’Alene is just across the border.

Yes, overboard. It’s like any larger city at night.

Downtown has a lot of nice restaurants and the park is great (where Expo '74 occurred…the city is still very proud of that). I read the park is going to be extensively overhauled so I don’t know if it is currently under construction.

I like the area for cycling: Mountain and road. If you are into either and will have the time, there are great dirt and paved trails in the region: Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes, Centennial Trail, Route of the Hiawatha, Riverside State park…

Yes, Spokane is pretty safe. Most crime is criminal on criminal.

What do you like to do?