Volvo Drivers Suck!

D’oh.

The dreaded Apostrophe Man strikes again.

Hey, I drive a Volvo (a V40) and I do not suck (getting sucked once in a while is ok with me though). I usually drive pretty fast as well.

Yeah, but you’re Swedish. All Swedes drive Volvos, right? :wink:

Believe me, I know you are joking but you are pretty close. The amount of Volvos here is ridiculous.

Bite me.

In DC I see an unusually large amount of broken down Volvos on the sides of the roads. None recently, but they come in waves.

I often see a blue stretch Volvo limo in my neighborhood. Its driver has major aggressive tendencies.

My former circa '74 $600 240 with the tractor engine could do 65 on a downhill slope, but it could not: turn left all the way, stop very well, use multiple electronics at the same time.

People probably hated to be behind me in that thing.

It did hit 375,000 miles before everything but the engine died.

[/QUOTE]

In New Mexico:

Every car goes 40 on a freeway with a 65 mph speed limit.
Every car enters the freeway from the ramp at 20 mph.
Every car ahead turning left does not pull into the intersection.

“Ehhhh … manana. Plenty of time, ese. I remember when this was a dirt road, vato.”

…and SAAB! Don’t forget SAAB!

Other than that we just ride the polar bears

Around here in Phoenix Volvos aren’t the problem. Between December and April, it’s:
If there is a car going 40 on a freeway with a 65 mph speedlimit, it is driven by a snowbird from Minnesota.
If there is a car entering the freeway from the ramp at 20 mph, it is driven by a snowbird from Minnesota.
If a car up ahead turning left does not pull into the intersection, it is driven by a snowbird from Minnesota.
If a car up ahead is signaling to turn left and then crosses three lane of traffic and turns right, it is driven by a snowbird from Minnesota.

(Or Michigan, Iowa, Alberta, or any other land of the frozen)

And it seems the smaller mom and pop are, the bigger the car.

Here in Seattle, it’s Hondas and Buicks. Arrgh. Most clueless drivers in the world.

I, for one, don’t. I take the tube. :rolleyes:

SAAB = Service Auto Again, Bjorn.

LOL!

Well, I don’t fit the lobhl (little old blue-haired lady) profile :slight_smile: . Besides my turn signals don’t work properly and I have to “click” them by hand, so unless I make it flash, they don’t stay in the “on” position.

As any child of 4 can tell you, the worst drivers wear hats.

Yes, it’s true. The next time you see some goof turning right from the left lane, stopping at a green light, turning the signal on and going straight, they will be wearing a hat.

Trust me. As soon as you see one, give them a little extra room, watch them carefully, and be treated to a unique display of driving skill, as they right-signal in the middle of the block, execute a left-hand u-turn partly over the sidewalk and proceed the wrong way down the one-way street.

My brother is always ranting about Volvos on the freeway too.
He always refers to them as Vulvas. One day my oldest boy asked him why he refers to them as “Vulvas”. Unc replied “because theres always some cunt driving it”.:stuck_out_tongue:

:rolleyes: Well, it seemed funny at the time.

In New Mexico:

Every car goes 40 on a freeway with a 65 mph speed limit.
Every car enters the freeway from the ramp at 20 mph.
Every car ahead turning left does not pull into the intersection.

“Ehhhh … manana. Plenty of time, ese. I remember when this was a dirt road, vato.” **
[/QUOTE]

Well, shit. BF and I are looking into moving to New Mexico (Albuquerque) after I finish grad school. If I have to kill people for driving too slowly, it might not be a good idea.

Ava

I drove a Volvo up until a few months ago and I can tell you that I don’t fit the description of the OP. My S70 was fast and I drove that like I was in a sports car.

I don’t miss it though. I traded it in for a sweeeeeet 2003 VW Jetta.