Voyager 1 - Did anyone argue against the info disc?

I’d have to dig up which of Sagan’s book talks about the human figures. After all the controversy started, he said he was glad that they didn’t include a very short line showing the front part of the female genitalia - that would have caused such an uproar that the entire plaque would have been removed from the project.

Great! There’s stuff on Youtube, as well: Voyager Golden Record - Le 55 lingue presenti - YouTube

And here is President Carter’s written statement: Voyager Spacecraft Statement by the President. | The American Presidency Project

"Great, in 25,000 years we’ll all be slaves mining cobalt on the planet Mongo just because NASA wanted to say (smiles and waves) ‘Hi’."

~ Jay Leno, circa 1977

Nitpick - 4 names - Michael Collins’ name and signature are also present.

There are also lots and lots of people’s names on Mars now (mine among them): A Martian Has Died | The Planetary Society

I am not an expert on this…not even close by any means…but I am interested in the subject and have read some items on it. I guess I have become a CHON guy. Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen. This most likely means a carbon based multicelled organism reliant on water and breathes oxygen. I have a feeling that any interesting/multi-celled life we find (if any - not so sure we will) will look not all that alien not really much more so than some animals found on Earth and probably liking about the same temperature. If true, this owuld make Earth interesting just because it is inhabitable.

However, I LOVE to hear scenarios of multicelled life primarily based on something different, like sulferic acid instead of water :smiley:

Hey all - Does anyone know the quote someone said about the disc basically stating that what is more improbable that someone find this disc or that a specie who evolved from apes built this craft to send out and be discovered. It of course was much more poetic than what I just said which is why I am looking for it!