Wagyu vs Prime cut steak: Which is better?

I’ve never had wagyu beef. But I will admit that i take guilty pleasure in eating beef fat. I’ll trim off some of the fat cap from a steak and just eat it. For that matter, i love marrow and foie gras, which are also mostly fat. Hell, i may even have eaten plain butter once or twice…

So wagyu looks tasty to me. All that delicious beef fat. But i don’t think I’d want a whole steak. I’m sure 14 oz would be too much for me. Little strips draped over rice sounds much more appealing.

Hey, if the brush strokes, paint a picture of you, best just own it. Overcooked beef is not tasty in any manner.

To you.

Others, not so much. Understand that when I eat a steak, it’s Prime and cooked rare. Or as tartare. But tastes (and taste buds) differ.

As I mentioned above, I was unimpressed by the Kobe I had. American Wagyu was superior. Idaho beef blew them both away.

Did i imagine that someone said something about Piedmontese beef?

Narrator voice:

"And the icons you see projected on you eyePhone are the ‘posts’ we have tracked back to the great Beef Doneness Wars of 2022, which swept through the primitive WorldNet of the Era, and soon engulped the nation, before moving on to the rest of the meat-eating world. It expanded to cover the entire realm of CulinaryTECH - pineapple on Pizza, the Crusty v. Soft Bread Breach, and the particularly violent NO Ketchup on Hot Dogs Milita.

By 2029, people were reduced to eating bread or rice, which lead to the great CARByclasm on 2032.

To prevent such things from ever happening again, we, the Institute For Food Tolerance was formed as an international peace-keeping organization to prevent such things from Ever happening again. Look upon these words and remember."

IFT orientation, 2064.

Let it go, Jake. It’s Cafe Society Town.

It wouldn’t be CS without one poster sneering at the others.

That was me. It is my favorite for steaks. You can find American ranchers raising it and selling it online. I was lucky enough to be introduced by someone selling it at my local farmers market, but then he opened a restaurant and didn’t have time for the market. The restaurant became the region’s best place for steak, per my brother. Covid closed it.

depends…Wagyu, or “Wagyu”? Because that $12 slider plate made with Wagyu* is lookin pretty sus.