Walk A Mile In Her Shoes - Senior Service Project (donation request)

Posted with Mod approval

I’d like to take this opportunity to ask the Doper community for help supporting my son’s Senior Service Project to bring awareness of and raise funds for victims of domestic violence. Part of this project is putting together a team to walk in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event to benefit WEAVE (Women Escaping a Violent Environment). In addition to organizing the team, Charles is speaking to the other advisory classes at his high school about WEAVE, wearing his “her shoes”: a pair of bright red pumps.

This will be the third year that Charles and I have participated in the event, and this year he has formed his own team as part of his project. I would like to invite any Doper Dudes in the Sacramento area (or who feel like taking a road trip here in late April) to participate…and any and all Dopers to donate to the cause.

Charles’ team has a fundraising page set up through the event itself. Donations go directly to the charity. If anyone would like to donate to the cause, the link is here:

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=674614&langPref=en-CA

For any guys who would like to join us for the walk, there’s a link on the same page where you can join our team :slight_smile:

Thanks,

SP

Just bumping this since we are closer now to the event. Donations are coming in, but very slowly. Even if you have just $5 to spare, please consider donating to support WEAVE and the NP3 Walkers. It would mean so much to Charles and his team, as well as helping victims of domestic abuse here in Sacramento.

Charles has been speaking the other advisory classes about domestic violence and the services WEAVE provides. Here he is in his shoes, which he wears all day when he is speaking to other classes. He is one of those kids who has always been sensitive to injustice, sticking up for other kids and helping others. It was no surprise to me when he chose to help victims of domestic abuse for his senior service project.

Thank you so much to those who have already donated, and thank you in advance to those who do donate.

I’d come if I were a left-coast person. I used to be elder abuse case worker at the East Bronx Council on Aging, back in the 90s.

This sounds like such an amazing thing to do. I don’t have much to give, but I’ve sent a donation. Best wishes, all.

Thank you so much! Kiddo was excited to see your donation.

I’m so glad. :slight_smile: