WandaVision on Disney +. Open spoilers

I agree and am happy about that!

Summary

My concern that a male Big Bad being the “real” power would have been Not Good has been expressed.

I AM however still expecting a brief feint of Big Bad as Ultron emerges in soulless Vision zombie, only to be dispatched very quickly (and sadly as Wanda has to move on from Vision and accept his loss in the process) as the real power to the universe that the source of Chaos Magic represents (presumptively inclusive of the what I’m guessing is an Elder God that Wanda saw as she came in contact with the Infinity Stone and became “The Scarlet Witch”) is revealed, and the bigger risk to multiverses that this Elder God is involved in is opened up.

In terms of another player … Bettany’s sly hint that there is someone who he has always wanted to work with is not yet met. SOMEONE else who is an actor of stature, and I’m WAGing a female one, has yet to show. For that reason alone, I would think so.

If the entirety of her villain arc is having put a town of people under her spell for what, two weeks in show time, out of overwhelmingly complicated grief, her redemption arc can be done very quickly.

Of the regular cast townsfolk we saw … I noted Herb, the mailman/delivery guy, Phil, and Mrs. Hart … notably though not Dottie. Of course others weren’t there either but …

It’s possible that his tongue was firmly in his cheek, and the actor he’s always wanted to work with is himself, playing Corpse Vision, against himself, playing Wanda Construct Vision. I think there’s a better-than-even chance that’s the explanation, and fans will be disappointed.

I think there’s a good chance of a Dr. Strange cameo, probably in a end credit scene where he shows up and offers to teach Wanda how to use her magic.

I’m pretty sure that was the Scarlet Witch she saw - that looked like Wanda’s traditional nonsense headgear in silhouette. What that means, I dunno. I’m guessing it’s Wanda seeing a vision (snerk) who she’s going to become. But “The Scarlet Witch” is also apparently a thing that exists independent of Wanda Maximoff, so perhaps it’s the previous Scarlet Witch, or the Spirit of the Office of Being the Scarlet Witch, or Alt-universe Wanda reaching out to kickstart her powers.

Or, hell, maybe it’s gender-swapped Loki. She tends to tone down the horns when she’s in girl-mode.

Today’s episode also gave us a hint of mutants. If Wanda was born with her powers (later enhanced by the mind stone), there’s a good chance that Pietro was too, and people born with powers are mutants. So, maybe a Charles Xavier cameo?

I don’t think she was a mutant, she was a witch. Like Agatha.

One thing that seemed very significant to me was how Acting Director Whatshisface seemed to egg on Wanda to use her powers—something along the lines of, who else could bring their soulmate back (back online, or something, I think he said). It seemed manipulative to me, as if he was wanting to get her to use her powers on Vision’s body. It could’ve been just to see what would happen, to ‘power him up’ like he’s now done with the drone’s residual energy, but I think there’s something still in store there, and I’m not sure if it’s gonna be good.

My (limited) understanding is that there are participants that can link infinite times and locations, including ones that are “a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away”. Therefore, my prediction is that in the final episode we will find out that Westview has a design flaw, mainly an unprotected thermal exhaust port.

Some guy on Reddit got a screencap and fiddled with the color balance to bring out some more details. Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like Wanda.

Late enough now that anyone clicking should be prepared for spoilers I think …

I’m still liking that it was an Elder God (new to MCU but stand in for the God of Chaos in the comics), it being her own self as a nexus being bootstrapping her own powers is a nice story!

Any relevance to Agatha’s mother apparently manifesting a crown with similar horns as Agatha sucked the energy out of her? That broach has such … sentimental value.

Wanda already killed many (hundreds?) of innocent people when she redirected a bomb into an office building, but she is still a good guy.

Man, they’re really leaning into showing Agatha as a villain - she poisoned a dog! Torments children! Murdered her own mother! And yet, with one episode left, they still haven’t revealed what her agenda here is. So far, her chief concern seems to be that there’s an insanely powerful magic user having a psychotic episode in the middle of a New Jersey suburb, and she’s trying to figure out a way to shut her down. Sure, the final episode she could go all, “Now I shall drain your powers!” but that seems sort of obvious. Especially now that they’ve got White Vision as someone Wanda can punch once she goes full Scarlet Witch, I think the final plot reveal for Agatha is that despite being an utter bastard, she’s basically on the side of good - a sort of MCU version of John Constantine.

Also, are those really Wanda’s kids she’s got? Seems that would be a simple enough illusion, if she’s just trying to provoke Wanda.

This will probably be a really minority opinion, but in the opening Salem scenes, and in the final hovering scene (both highly dramatic), I thought Hahn was pretty awkward. Otherwise she’s great at it.

Lord Chaos:

Also, I may have missed something: where did the envelope on the car seat come from?

Maybe I’m over reading but to me the motivation is as in her first scene. She wants to know how she does it so she can do it too. Not to shut her down.

Also not stated but I understood, possibly incorrectly, she had taken it with her - what they had been apparently dreaming about, maybe not even seriously, a suburban life. His heart being the heart on the calendar.

How does Hayward’s actually having Vision’s body mesh with his tracking Vision inside the Hex?

Thank you for that. And I have also read that Chthon is God of Chaos as well and in the comics his touch to baby Wanda gives her the power.

But now that she knows the answer is, “Touch an Infinity Stone,” which is not an option open to her, what’s stopping her from just taking off?

I don’t think the show was explicit about that. At first I thought someone had left it in the car for her, but she drives off to Westview without opening it, so I guess she already knew what was in it. I’m assuming it was something Vision gave to her shortly before he died, or something that she found among his belongings after she was unsnapped.

Am I correct in thinking that in a previous episode, we saw footage of Wanda going into SWORD and actually hauling Vision’s body away? If so, we now know that didn’t happen. (Unless there was a second Wanda?)

So did the director just fabricate that? That’s pretty evil. (Or am I misremembering?)

IIRC, he was tracking “vibranium radiation.” Hex Vision is still made of vibranium, at least so long as he stays inside the hex.