WandaVision on Disney+ (spoilers after first post)

This should really be in ATMB not in thread. But see the number of posts he made about it without adding anything new. Express displeasure, but to keep doing so is close to threadshitting. Also read the modnote, it wasn’t exactly a command, just a strong suggestion.

Modding: We have to drop it now. If you have any further questions on this PM me or start an ATMB thread.

You’re right. He has the hammer in his hand when he gets on the time platform thing.

But now you have me thinking about how Rogers going back in time to live out his life alters the MCU multiverse. Because now you theoretically have 2 universes now:

1. The current one where Rogers jumps on a magic platform and should never be seen again
  2. A new one where Rogers stays in 1970 to chill with Peggy Carter. Knowing both Steve and Peggy, they presumably didn’t just go off the grid and become boring suburbanites in Matawan, NJ or wherever. Especially what Rogers knows about Shield and Hydra, Winter Soldier Bucky and the Starks, not to mention Thanos and all of history is totally different.

There are multiple timelines now when when they traveled back. The new Loki show will be from the timeline where he stole the Tesseract and escaped during Endgame.

Reminds me of that line from Looper:
“We’re not talking about time travel because if we start, we’ll be here all day talking about it, making diagrams with straws!”

This was the best diagram I saw of the time jumps and the alternate timelines they created:

The green line (Branch Timeline 3 with points 11, 22, and 23) is the one where the Loki show must take place.

There’s also the universe where in 2014 Thanos and his army just disappeared one day and never came back.

That universe is probably a much happier place.

There’s lots of implications for that universe. There’s no Gamora or Nebula in that universe so the Guardians of the Galaxy never form.

If you think about it, the Avengers saved two universes in Endgame. Of course, it was a universe they themselves created, but still, not a bad track record.

Seems like a missed opportunity if they don’t take the opportunity to go back in time and kill Hitler several times. Maybe Cap did it while he was bringing all the stones back.

Political comment inappropriate for Cafe Society deleted. Sorry.

So you’re saying we’re too stupid to have a valid opinion? Sure, thanks.

Their house in episode #2 was also reminiscent of the Stephens’ house in Bewitched – the front door had the same half-circle window, but it was on a different wall, and the exterior was reminiscent of that house, too. I took it that episode #1 had elements of I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke Show, while episode #2 was more like early Bewitched (which was still in B&W).

The Strucker reference is also particularly relevant for the MCU version of Wanda, as he was responsible for giving her and her brother their powers, using Loki’s scepter (and, thus, the Mind Stone). This was depicted in the mid-credits scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and then at the beginning of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

That’s unfair. I was trying so hard to be reasonable and not come across as insulting. I just wanted you to realise you were going down a track that wasn’t helping anyone, most of all yourselves. You weren’t expressing an opinion, you were judging something based on incomplete information. If you don’t like it, fine. But I’m so over people judging a show or movie on what it wasn’t, instead of what it was.

Let me be clear: Misinterpreting something doesn’t make anyone stupid. You just were concentrating on the wrong things and not giving the show a chance.

The setup was clear 5 minutes into the pilot. We’re now 70 minutes into it and it hasn’t taken a backseat and the “plot” such as it is has not advanced at all. Not sure why we would put an arbitrary 2 episode milestone out there were we can start expecting development or change.

As far as I can tell, this show seems like nothing more than an over indulgent vehicle for dropping Easter eggs that require internet sleuthing to uncover and assemble. This is not a recipe for good TV.

No, I think it’s entirely fair. Please, keep telling us what our biases are and why we’re “doing it wrong”.

I’ve said enough, and I’ve been clear. @What_Exit said no more of this petty arguing. I will comply.

That depends on who the audience is. Maybe it’s just not for you.

I don’t think the racial diversity is an indication of the move forward in the timeline. Even by 60s TV standards this type of integrated community, where every one is treated as equal up to and including a mixed race couple, was completely unheard of.

I also don’t think it’s entirely a “modern sensibilities” thing either. I think it’s more likely that the cast is populated with people who have meaning to Wanda in the current day. It’s not diversity for diversities sake, or at least I hope it’s not.