Wanna be a Book Fairy again this year?

i’d love to be a book fairy. so very fun.

The Captain is reenlisting. Assign me to anyone and I shall shiver me libris.

Me, me, me!!! This sounds like so much fun. And I could supplement a few other people on trinkets or books, too!

Aries, count me in as well. I’ve been looking for something charitable to do, but I haven’t the time to commit to something like big brother/sister or habitat like I’d like, but I’ve definately got time for this.

Hope my kid likes Firetrucks and Chicago. Woo Hoo!

I had so much fun doing this last year that I just have to participate this time around, too. If you have enough volunteers to cover all your kids, I’ll just contribute some extra stuff for you to use as you see fit, and be available to step in if someone else has to drop out.

In any case, I’ll be watching for the official thread once school starts.

And for those who haven’t done this before, it’s really wonderful! I got a couple of letters from my girl, and I wrote to her a couple of times. I feel like I really made a difference in her life in a small way.

Okay, gang. As usual, I’m blown away by the generosity of Dopers for kids they don’t know. You guys rock. :slight_smile:

I plan to send out an email giving more details and clarifying stuff either today or tomorrow. I got most of your emails from your SDMB profile so if that isn’t one you want me to send updates to then please let me know.

Also, there are a few of you that don’t have an email address listed in your profile…if you could email me at Aries28kp@hotmail.com and give me an address that would be super.

Here are the people I don’t seem to have an address for:

FaerieBeth
wonder9
buttonjockey308

As of this minute I have 30 people who have said they would like to be a Book Fairy. Last year I had 25 kids in my class…I don’t know about this year due to budgets being cut…I might have more.

If I have more than enough then I might see if some of you want to “share” a child. Or I can always use help with the gift bags I pass out for Halloween, Christmas/Kwanzaa, Valentine’s Day and Easter. I purchase a hard back copy of a special book for each child at the End of the Year Party so there is a need also.

In other words…even if I have more than enough volunteers for book fairies I can find a spot for you to help! :slight_smile:

Once I have everybody’s email address I’ll send out more info via that method so as not to clog up the SDMB.

Thanks again for your interest.

If there’s still a way I could help, I’d be glad to. Thanks!

LilMiss and I would like to join, if possible.

She has bookshelves FULL of possibilities. Many may be a bit advanced (Goosebumps, Baby Sitters Club), but we can do trade-ins at our local used book store.

Are there other supplies you need? Extra pencils/notebooks?

This looks very cool. Let me know if you need another sponsor. If not I can send extra books or “swag” ;). I’m going to look for a program like this in my town.

I don’t know if they have this particular program around everywhere or not. The group I work with for literacy part is called Better Basics, Inc.

If there isn’t one in the area it would probably be a fairly simple thing to get started. :slight_smile:

I’ll add you to the email list for updates for my class/if I need extra fairies. I am 100% certain hearing about your bike adventures or seeing pictures of some of your travels would tickle the kids. They love to see pictures from other places.

Thanks!

Aries, I emailed you my email address!

I’m so excited! I’ve already started shopping!

FB