Wanna be a Book Fairy again this year?

I just looked through my box of books, and I found a TON of smaller chapter books. How long can they be? All my books are in really good condition, I take really good care of them.

There is no limit to length. Any books are fine.

Email me at aries28kp@hotmail.com and I’ll give you my address so you can send them anytime you want. No rush. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

I’m interested.

I can probably sponsor a kid. I’m prone to selecting books about dinosaurs and robots and spaceships (oh my!) so you’ll have to find me someone with geek potential.

This sounds like more fun than a whole barrel full of monkeys. I’d love to be a part of this! For the record, I’m a pediatric health librarian. Aries28, thanks for allowing us the opportunity to help. Keep us informed.

YAY! I was hoping you’d do this again. I found some Goosebumps and an America Girl (Meet Samantha) book at Goodwill a month or so ago (along with some other ones), and I was hoping you’d do this again.

I am definitly in! :slight_smile:

I’d love to do this again…

I will be happy to occasionally donate some money.

Please though, when emailing thanks, use the SDMB email address, not my paypal one or blind copy the group, as I do not necessarly want the email address that I use for paypal to be broadcast.

I’m in!

I missed this last year but would love to help.

Just let me know!

I’d love to sign up again, if you still have a spot open. :wink:

I’m interested. Sounds cool.

I’m in!

I’d love to do this, but I am not able to be a Book Fairy, as I am joining the military at the beginning of September.

But what I would be able, and very willing, to do is be a pen pal. Whenever I have the free time, I’d write. I’ll be writting a lot to family, so one more letter wouldn’t be to much. I think a kid would get a kick out of writting to someone in the armed forces, especially since I’d be able to send stuff wherever I’m at (Iraq probaly). But I leave Sept 6th, if that’s to early, I understand, but I’d still be willing to send money whenever I can. Just drop me an e-mail. My e-mail should be in my profile. Just put the subject “SDMB Book Fairy.”

I feel like a proud mama…:::sniff::::

Due to financial constraints this year ( Houston, we’ve blown the budget)
I am profoundly sorry that I cannot participate on a regular basis for such a fun,fun, fun program.

However, if you think this will stop me from looking and scoring up a bunch of kids books for Aries Kids you’ve gotta another thing coming.

(And I just passed up a farking enormous lot of Sweet Valley High & Goosebumps at a garage sale the other day. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh)

I can contribute a whole mass of books once, but I’m not very good at a steady supply. If this will work, count me in!

Aries, I can do this again this year. I had a blast picking out the books last year. I prefer a child who is into sports.

What an outstanding idea!! I would love to participate as well. I’m an elementary science teacher so I would love to be able to turn some kid onto science and engineering. What do I do next?

I’ll do it. Last year I just sent extras, this year I think I want a kid. Gender doesn’t matter, although I’m female and never had brothers, hard to know what a boy would want. Maybe if I got a boy you could let me know a little about him?
It would be neat to send horse books to a girl, weren’t we all horse crazy at that age?

I work in the library building as a baker in our cafe, so I see a lot of really good used books. But I would also send new ones too especially around a birthday or Christmas.

For letters, do we send them care of you?

Oh, I was meaning to email you anyway, about a set of books I retrieved that were going to be thrown out. They are not elementary age books though, but I thought you might have other teaching contacts, or know a school library that could use them. You know the Great Books series published in 53 volumes by Brittanica? This is a set in pristine condition, with 52 out of the 53 present(#14, Plutarch) is missing. If you or anyone knows a needy school that might like these, I’ll give them away, if shipping is provided.