Want Eyes like Sailor Moon? Look no further!

New Contact Lenses give you Anime Eyes:

The picture is REALLY spooky.

::adds another thing to list of “Things I Will Never Spend Money On” ::

This is a trend that needs to be eased into. In the beginning, just wear them in one eye.

Margaret Keane did it first.

Yes – the large anime eyes were taken from western animation, e.g., Mickey Mouse. It’s just that the Japanese sometimes do it even bigger, e.g., http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/5/31010.jpg (Mikuru-chan from Suzumiya Haruhi)

I gotta be honest, I think it’s sexy as sin. But then, I dig those powder blue or hot pink wigs on girls too.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/32217817.gif

I want them, if only to see how people react when I wear them.

To be fair, I want a pair of these for the same reason.

One time a girl in middle school had contacts that made her look all blood shot and creepy. I’m not sure why. I guess novelty.

This will go great with my tentacle-shaped marital aids.

Maybe she just had really sensitive eyes.

badbadrubberpiggy, those are the kinds of things that make our reptilian brain go DO NOT WANT! Like when you’re talking to someone and staring at a spot on their forehead right between and above their eyes - it freaks people out without them really knowing why.

makes note to try this

My daughter simply has to have these for her Sailor Mars outfit.

To be fair, I think the spooky, big-eyed effect is exaggerated (or perhaps exacerbated) by the model’s pose. Her head is lower than the camera and she’s looking up, and this makes her eyes (the whole eye, not just the contact lens portion) look even bigger while making her chin look unusually small and pointy.

So… this is a case where the Japanese borrowed something from Western culture, and made it bigger?

Weird.

My wife has big-assed irises like that, naturally. Yay!

Unfortunately, she passed that trait onto our daughter, which is probably going to give me acid reflux and hair loss twelve years from now. :smiley:

I’m kind of freaked out by guys who like anime. (American guys…or non-Japanese guys, anyway.) Do they find the anime girls sexually attractive? Is it because of the juvenile features? The bodies definitely seem adolescent. I haven’t actually seen much anime, but from the little I’ve seen, it seems like so many of these features connote submissiveness.

Please don’t flame me. I really do want to know what’s going on with this!

I rather enjoy looking human. But that’s just me.

I can see a cop getting interested. Excuse my miss but what are hopped up on?

Not really. A lot of animation and cartoons (both western and Asian) is not realistic, and emphasises things for various effects. So if large eyes make a character look child-like and cute, then just make the eyes a lot larger to make the character more childish and much cuter. If you aren’t constrained by realism, you can play up anything for a particular effect. Conversely, a lot of anime characters have normal sized eyes, especially those that are supposed to be adults and/or more realistic in appearance.