Want Eyes like Sailor Moon? Look no further!

And I find it more disturbing when people make blanket assertions about entire subcultures based on their own preconceived notions of what is acceptable. There’s another word for that, but I only use it in the Pit.

You’re a Charter Member. Surely you know that there are going to be people on the board who like anime, and that calling them pedophiles would be seen as a personal insult.

Heck, I don’t even like most anime, but I felt it.

If the above is junior modding, I appologize. However, I can no longer edit it down to what it should say:

Reported.

Actually, it’s not. According to the rule on insults,

By my reading, Vinyl Turnip’s post, though incendiary, is on the “acceptable” side of that line.

Let’s keep the discussion friendly here – if y’all want to discuss whether or not anime fans are sickos, take it to the Pit.

twickster, MPSIMS moderator

For me, it’s because it reminds me of what I’ve long considered, the sexiest (non-nude) picture on the internet. Although now I wonder if her eyes are “enhanced”. Link broken due to uncertainty of rules: Clothed but sexy cosplay girl…

http://www.motifake.com /cosplay-rikku-ff10-ffx-final-fantasy-10-cosplay-advantage-demotivational-poster-14075.html

You’re not wrong.

Wow.

Sadly the misused apostrophe “felled my timber” somewhat.

Are there any more pics of that girl anywhere…?

Does Bill Holbrook read the SDMB?

Here ya go. I got mine in the -3 range.

Not really. They’re tricky to get in so I probably wouldn’t recommend them for someone who has never worn contacts. You have to fold them and then let them unfold onto your eye with an edge under each eyelid.

No more uncomfortable than putting a contact on inside out. And I didn’t even notice that after the third rum&Coke. :smiley:

That was a joke, dude.

[South Park]You see…Japanese have a-small penis…

:slight_smile:

Cool! My left eye would be fine and the right one only a tiny bit undercorrected. Hmm, when is Halloween this year?

Yeah, the HuffPost picture looks more like Keane than like Sailormoon. Now who would “envy” that look for their real face I have no idea, and I say that as a minor Animé fan myself.

Thanks for the replies, everybody. And for not flaming me.

And for those of you wondering what “cosplay” is, I looked it up. It’s dressing like Japanese animation characters.

For some reason my brain keeps trying to imagine Michele Bachmann wearing these. Skeeeeery.