Warning! Do Not Enter When Alive!

Have you ever seen anyone around the yard/premises?

Oh no, you MUST go up to the door and ask them what it mean… I mean… you MUST! If we dont find out… then where are we gonna be?!?

Well I prefer my yards to be, (normal vegetation excepted) inanimate. I think that if this particular yard is, at certain times, alive, I will be staying well away.

::AHunter visualizes church with large sign saying ‘Danger: Do Not Enter When Alive’::

I think it involves doing something to your cerebrum down in the Pit of the Soggoths.

AHunter3, Thanks for the Lovecraft ref :slight_smile:
CalMeacham:

Let me propose a theory, I call it the “BabelFish” theory.

They are foreign, and something major was lost in the translation.

-Da Slave

Okay, I rode up to the house on my bike at lunchtime today.

1. As I said, NO WAY was this fence ever electrified.

2. The sign is hung up by plastic bands attached at the top corners only – that is, it isn’t properly hung.

3. There’s a sign on the side where they park their cars. It is one of those signs you can get in novelty shops, and reads"Don’t Even THINK of Parking Here.

4. There’s a nasty sign about not smoking on the side.
    Conclusion:

These are unsociable folk (or sociable folk with a weird sense of humor) who will hang up non-relevant signs. I suspect they found the front gate sign on an old electrified fence, or picked it up at a junkyard/flea market/garage sale, and thought it matched their sentiments well enough to hang it on the front gate.

2. The sign is hung up by plastic bands attached at the top corners only – that is, it isn’t properly hung.

3. There’s a sign on the side where they park their cars. It is one of those signs you can get in novelty shops, and reads"Don’t Even THINK of Parking Here.

Conclusion:

These are unsociable folk (or sociable folk with a weird sense of humor) who will hang up non-relevant signs. I suspect they found the front gate sign on an old electrified fence, or picked it up at a junkyard/flea market/garage sale, and thought it matched their sentiments well enough to hang it on the front gate.

Conclusion:

Conclusion:

Somebody slap him. He’s stuck.

Oh, and a ‘cebration’ is where you go to have some bobbecue with your famlynfrenz. Jeetenuff?

So post your own sign next to it:

KEY POUT!

What I want to know is:

Are all their base belong to us?

there is a church I have seen with a sign saying “thou shalt not park here”

This is sort of related to the topic (I feel the need to share).

There’s a house a few miles from me with a sign in the yard that reads:

“FREE FIRE ANTS. YOU PICK UP.”

Makes me laugh everytime I drive by. :slight_smile:

There’s a sign at a cliff edge in Ventnor on the Isle of Wight that says ‘SHEEP DROP’.
(Defaced 5th letter I believe)

I avoided this thread for almost 20 days for this? I thought Cal had gone to the other side and brought back some celestial info. I thought he was waiting for the ghosts or something.

Sigh.

Damn my curiosity! This thread used to be so cool.

You can send them a letter without a return address asking them to kindly put up an explanation of the offending sign next to said sign. They’ll never know it was you and they just might do it.

“I must avoid explaining myself, Watson. The explanations always make me sound to prosaic.”
– semiquote from Sherlock Holmes.
Damn. I actually used to be cool.

(Sigh!)

You mean “too prosaic”! And you call yourself a physicist? :wink:

My favorite sign ever was “Do NOT stroke the Elephant!”