WARNING! WARNING! About To Go Off My Meds!

Just to let y’all know, I now no longer have COBRA (look it up) coverage, so when these bottles of scrips run out, unless I can get the drug companies to get them to me free (which my wife has already initiated), I may go even “bat-shittier” than I am already, sorry.

There are 6 different meds involved in keeping me stable, and they’re expensive as hell if you don’t have insurance, so, as Bette Davis once said, “Batten down the hatches, full speed ahead, because it’s gonna be a hot time on the ol’ town tonight, and please fasten your seatbelts.” (or something like that;)).

Y’all just hang in there with me, okay?

Thanks

Bill

Good Luck, Quasi…

:starts buying duct tape:

You know, of course, how I feel on this subject. Outrage doesn’t even begin to cover it.
IANAD, but does your doctor know about this? If you can’t get more meds it could be very dangerous to quit them all cold turkey.

{{{Quasi}}}

ToeJam, you Shit Head!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Laughing my sorry ass off in West Georgia!

God, I love y’all, sure do!:slight_smile:

Q

We’ll make sure to have GI Joe on standby!

Anyone remember where we hid the staple gun after last time?

We gave it to the squid.

I’m going to email an admin to see if there is something this community can do. I take psych drugs too, for anxiety and depression, so I can understand somewhat the scariness of the prospect of having to go without them. But from your blog and threads on the subject, I think you need to stay on these meds if at all possible.

ABP, yes I DO know. ALL my docs know, and ALL have said they will provide scrips for the free meds. But there will be some lag-time, I am told.

It’s all in the works. I just wanted y’all to get a heads-up in case you suddenly see me going booga-booga like I did a year ago.

What does the military call that? DEFCON ONE, or something? :slight_smile:

Meantime, I have something to help me through that I didn’t have before: My beloved World of Warcraft game.

Let’s give THAT a try while I wait on the meds.:slight_smile:

Thanks

Q

I’m sorry to hear about that. I hope you’ll be able to find some programs through the drug companies.

In the meantime, can you talk to a doctor about the insurance and prescription issues? The doctor might be able to give you some free samples to tide you over, and could help you with how to taper from your meds safely. IANAD and I’m sure you know this, but for some drugs it’s not a good idea to stop taking them “cold turkey.”

I’m sure that you checked whether the drugs you’re taking are available as generics (I assume they are not generic yet), but I’m wondering if the doctor might be able to switch you to another drug in the same therapeutic class that might be available as a generic.

I know this is a private medical issue, so don’t feel obligated to post anything about what meds you’re taking. Hang in there.

ETA: On preview, I see you’ve already taken care of some of the points I raised. :slight_smile:

Ah, no. Please.

THIS community has gone above and beyond the call already on my behalf and I am still reeling from the shock of how that “hit me” (take that as you will, okay?). There is to be nothing further to be done by beloved Doper community, and I mean it.

Thanks for your offer, statsman1982, but no.

I’ll get through this. Just hang, okay?

I can hang, and so can you.

Thanks

Q

PS: Can anyone find a CLEAN video copy of John Prine’s “Dear Abby” for me? Not one one YouTube. Done tried there… :slight_smile:

I assume you checked out Walmart for it’s $4.00/month or $10/90 day plans. Maybe the meds would be on it. Also places like Krogers have similar plans.

Perhaps if you can’t get the meds, you can get alternatives which might at least tide you over.

Good Luck

I’m in a somewhat similar situation. I have Parkinson’s, with associated depression. I can’t get private insurance, but Maryland has a high risk insurance plan called MHIP. Googling finds this http://www.wvinsurance.gov/accesswv/. I hope this helps.

I thought going batshit crazy was attributed to Michelle Bachmann? You know, the broad in that band called Bachmann-Palin Overdrive? Do you sub-license from her?

Good luck. Rest assure the Dopers here will watch your back for you (Back Mod! Back Mod!)

:smiley:

I know, and I am totally IN LOVE with everyone here - even those who don’t like me, and I mean that!- I’m gonna get this poor old sorry “bod” in shape to do one last ride for the four-footers, so “Hide and watch!” as me and my TREK1000 tear up the highways inbetween Texas and Georgia!

I’ll need y’all to slap my back to keep me goin’ though, so are y’all “up to the task”?

September 8th - starts at Carrollton, Texas

September 19th - ends at Carrolton, Georgia.

I can do this.

Thanks

Bill

My prayers and best wishes, Quasi.

Quasi, can you get meds from the VA? Sometimes that option is available for you folks who have served.

Take care of yourself.

missred

Quasi, I don’t have any advice for you, just encouragement. Hang in there. We’ll ride the storm out with you. If some days are stormier than others, we’ll understand.

It stinks when you have a gap in your prescription coverage, I know. I really hope you don’t have to go without and you and your doctors can manage to keep you in meds.

I love y’all.

Thanks

Bill

Remember to ration out the last of the meds so you don’t go through withdrawal. Seriously.