Was Colin Kaepernick the wrong man to take on this mantle?

Uh, he start sitting (and then kneeling) during the preseason when he was coming off injuries. Gabbert wasn’t named as the starter until AFTER the preseason.

This was literally right after the game:

If he’s able to come up with that on the spot, I would say he’s the right man for this job.

Then would you agree Trump is the most charismatic President of all time using those metrics? Because we seem to be using different ideas of charisma.

I don’t know about “of all time”, but Trump is definitely charismatic.

I think Lincoln has him beat, but Trump certainly has a type of charisma. How would you define charisma with respect to role Kaepernick has been playing in the protests against police brutality? Serious question, I’m interested in your definition.

Trump clearly has a lot of charisma – not the type I respond to, but I find it hard not to think of him as charismatic.

Whatever Trump has got, it is not charisma. Putting aside his actions and the content of what he says, he has a terrible persona. He reeks of insincerity, neediness, whininess, and bullying. He’s got a fake tan and fake hair. He’s got an annoying voice. He can barely string together a coherent sentence. I’m old enough to remember when Richard Nixon was President and Trump has less charisma than Nixon.

Imagine Donald Trump was an unknown person and you had no knowledge of him. Now imagine a company casting for a spokesman for their product. Donald Trump would never get hired because nobody would want somebody like him representing their product or their company.