Was Eazy-E most likely gay and on the down low?

I think a long time ago there was a heterosexual California political figure who died of AIDS because of a blood transfusion.

Nevermind

I got some bad news for you about Kurt Cobain.

The drummer quit and started his own band.

Ok I forgot some :slight_smile: . All those others mentioned though, they said how they got it, except I think Magic Johnson, and that’s a dubious situation all the way around. Eazy-E I don’t think how ever said how he thought he contacted it, but he did die from it pretty quickly, so maybe there wasn’t time.

If he was gay, and managed to keep it quiet throughout all the gossip and hooplah surrounding NWA with Ice Cube leaving, then the rest of the group eventually falling out, that’d be pretty slick secret-keeping.

I had no idea about Asimov. Wow.

Thanks. Ick.

Larry Borgia, Asimov contracted the virus through a blood transfusion in 1983 during a triple bypass.

What kinda bothers me about the assumptions of this thread is that there is somehow a magical connection between the virulence and morbidity rate of AIDS related to gayness. AIDS kills Straight and Gay equally, straight peple are not magically AIDS proof and their prognosis is equal if infected. EasyE is probably more a sign of the times and a deficiency of AZT.

It’s certainly a legitimate question. It’s much, much more difficult for a straight man to get AIDS than a homosexual male or even a straight woman if the man isn’t doing something like sharing dirty needles. Of course, considering the number of women with whom Eazy slept, if anyone was going to come out on the wrong end of those odds it was him.

It makes me think of a similar case, boxer Tommy Morrison. He has HIV and was also pretty notorious for his womanizing ways. Of course, he also used steroids, which means he probably shared dirty needles at some point.

What bothers me about this thread is the attitude is that AIDS is still a disease we talk about in terms of ‘deserving’, whether we use those exact words or not.

Please point to any comments where anyone said or implied that anyone “deserves” AIDS.

A discussion about what behaviors are most likely to result in an individual getting AIDS is not the same as saying those people deserved it.

You seem to be bringing in your own baggage. Seems to me that we are just talking about this like adults. It is a fact that certain practices are more likely to lead to the transmission of the disease. Mostly practices that may cause a persons bloodstream to come in contact with anothers blood or semen. Deserve doesn’t enter into it. We can pretend that the evil AIDS imps pick random people to infect but that is not the case. Seems to me that most if not all of the people in this thread are discussing it in realistic terms, not in terms of saying if someone deserves it. As for why the OP started the thread, I don’t know what is in his head, nor do I want to.

Not getting this either- I can’t point to one post in this thread which come close to this.

Do carry on, but it’s Eazy-E. As in “Eazy Duz It.”

I was actually talking about the OP, and I may indeed have brought my VCO3 baggage with me. Why the hell does it matter whether or not Eazy-E was or was not homosexual, on the down low or not? Why does it matter how he contracted HIV? It’s decades into this disease and people still want to know how someone got HIV, and no one seems willing to believe that a man with HIV isn’t secretly bisexual. I guess we have to reassure ourselves that we are safe, I don’t know.

No, those were Luther Campbell’s (AKA Luke Skyywalker of 2 Live Crew fame) tonsils.

slinks away

Wow, Isaac Asimov? I had no idea. And he was only 72, I was sure he was in his 80s when he died. Too bad they thought they couldn’t go public. What a shame.

Well, you know…“Luke’s bending over so…”

A heterosexual man who doesn’t share dirty needles with someone with HIV is, in fact, very safe. So while it may not matter how anyone contracts AIDS, it’s certainly something out of the ordinary if a heterosexual man does get it. It may even be a cause for curiousity for some, as was apparently the case with the OP.