Was The Watergate Scandal fortold in the Bible?

Further to my one word answer above. People who suggest that scandals such as WG were foretold in the Bible show their ignorance about the Bible, and when it comes to theology, usually don;t know their “arse from their elbow”.
The Biblical prophets were entirely concerned with the morals and ethics of their own poeple in their own time. Their mission was not to foretell the future, but to FORTH-tell God’s current message to the people.

Books such as Daniel and Revelation fall into a different category: they are not prophetic books, but apocalyptic writings. They were written when the people of God (Jews in Daniel’s case, Christians in the case of Revelation) were under persecution, and hence the codified language heavy with symbolism, bizarre images, etc. The intended audience would have known what the writer was saying, but no one else would have, including us.

PS the writer of Revelation (who calls himself John) was almost certainly NOT the same guy who wrote John’s gospel.

Yes it DOES mention Watergate and Nixon in the Bible.
I was quite surprised that it also related in detail my visit down the pub the other night and even mentioned that I had a lamb Jalfreezi in the curry house afterwards.

These drugs work really well dont they?

That 6-6-6 thing applies to my name as well. What did the Bible foretell about me?

How could any thing after the generation of people of Jesus time have anything to do with the Bible? Jesus was quoted as saying the world would end in that generation, so any prophecy could not possibly be filled.

Monavis

The specific “prophecy” concerning Watergate is part of The Bible Code by Drosnin, so that’s probably the source of the OP’s in-law’s pastor’s statement.