Watchalong Thread for Simpleton Mafia - No Live Players Please!

But shouldn’t they be asking him: Yo, Kimble, let’s hear from you about why you moved off SNF.

Yep, they should. If Biotop and Kimble are both scum, that would explain why Biotop’s not calling him out on it.

Arg. Most of the attacks on Biotop are ringing hollow, and the more he argues against them, the more I believe him. Using the “lynch” vs “killed” thing is so totally bogus. Little mistakes like that are bound to crop up for everybody, not just town. Kimble needs to be on the hot seat. Biotop isn’t an unreasonable lynch, but they’re overlooking an obvious second candidate, which makes Biotop look even townier to me because scum Kimble would be happy to avoid the scrutiny and scum anybody else will happily let the Biotop train run off while keeping the powder dry for Kimble.

I’d almost bet money there are two more Scum at this point.

There is so much I wish I could say…but alas. Also, I’m lazy.

I think the O2A theory is reasonably solid, as long as there are no town power roles.

Starting faction counts - 8:2

Day 1 - Mislynch - 7:2
Night 1 - Kill - 6:2
Day 2 - Mislynch - 5:2
Night 2 - Kill - 4:2
Day 3 - Lynch or Lose - 3:2

Frankly, if you mislynch three times in a row in an 10 player game you deserve to lose.

But a Dr, a Scotsman, or a Cop would reasonably keep that quiet, and the existence of any of them would mean a 7:3 start would be more likely. Well, maybe not a Scotsman. A Scotsman may be making a lot of noise trying to get themselves night targeted.

With the roles just being basic ones, a Dr or Cop is the most likely counterbalance to a third scum.

I’d say that the odds are good that we’ve got 3 scum and a cop, both because it’s a more interesting game that way(more fun for the cop player, more than just two lonely scum). The dynamics of the game get more interesting as the game goes on.

If the O2A theory is correct then here’s the record as they stand.

Original ratios 8:2

Day 1 - Mislynch - 7:2
Night 1 - Kill - 6:2
Day 2 - Assassin - 6:1
Night 2 - Kill - 5:1
Day 3 - current

With 1 cop, 6 vanilla, and 3 scum 1:6:3

Day 1 - Mislynch - 1:5:3
Night 1 - Kill - 1:4:3
Investigation 1, total confirmed townies probably 2
Day 2 - Assassin - 1:4:2
Night 2 - Kill - 1:3:2
Investigation 2, total confirmed townies probably 3
Day 3 - current

With three other townies to hide amongst, the question is, should a cop claim today or push till tomorrow? If they found non-snfaulkner scum they should certainly claim today. That would mean two confirmed townies and one scum

If they just found townies that’s more up in the air. A block of 3 confirmed town if a cop claims today would still be huge. With just six players remaining that’s a 2/3 chance of finding scum in the remaining unconfirmed pool. They can hunt down scum faster than scum could winnow the confirmed pool down.

So it could be an inexperienced cop who is resisting claiming? Or maybe a 8/2 very basic game? Or maybe the balancing was a Dr not a cop? A Dr should never claim unless they’re about to be lynched.

Enjoy,
Steven

That’s well thought out and well presented. Thanks!

Isn’t it supposed to be EoD already? or is that tomorrow? Wait, what day is it today? Wed? Crap.

Ugh. Maybe there are 3 scum and Biotop is scum after all.

Congratulations to Town! We won! Whoo-hoo!
I do have to note that the only players who died were those who are also playing over at Giraffe. Is this a conspiracy?

Are they talkative on Giraffe too? Because the only players to be in danger of lynching were the players that posted a lot in this game.

The games are a lot less active, to be truthful. I had to give up on Lynch the Lurker over there because of it.

Oh, and **sachertorte **— good job modding!

Yes, Sachertorte, thanks for modding. Even with the whole “no night talk” twist, I had fun.

Thanks for the game** sachertorte**— whose name is an anagram of orchestrate.

Never posted in here - thanks for the kibitzing! One of my favorite parts about playing Mafia is coming to the watchalong thread and seeing what people have been saying.