Way to do Iowa. Women's bodies are a sin and we men can't help ourselves.

In my country, not only would this be a clear case of unfair dismissal, but the boss would also be subject to a harassment case for his comments to the girl. Thank god.

Your country is fucked up.

Because presumably employees are also free to quit whenever they please without notice. Just so happens employers tend to make use of it more often.

Got it in one.

We know, and some of us are trying to be less so.

Employees quit without notice in non-right-to-work places all the time - they just stop showing up.

Really? At least under the ERA 1996, I don’t think so. It would be nice if you could cite caselaw to support your theory.

“Errr… not fucked up at all ? She’s an employee but you’re not her boss ; you can’t make anyone do anything against their will, including your husband ; whatever goes on between you and your husband is strictly your business you crazy-ass power tripping bitch, why don’t you divorce the guy if he gets your panties in such a knot ?”

That sounds just about reasonable to me but IANAL, the language could need touched up.

Your country wears combat boots!

Are you saying that I should be happy to get fired from the job I’ve held for ten years because, hey, it’s better than being sexually assaulted?

Being a woman is a blast, isn’t it?

Because hey, it’s better than the obviously out-of-your-hands situation that a nutjob boss like that is creating. Whackjob thinks, hey, I want to fuck her so badly, I just might get myself into trouble forcing it upon her, and risk my marriage, and whatever else, so I better fire her.

It’s the lesser of two evils given nothing but shitty options. :frowning:

Being a woman can be a blast…but I can see how it’s *not *most of the time.

FTR: I’m not on the side of the whackjob boss here, I see how my post might be ambiguous…

It seems to have been a small family owned business. I wonder if that might not have played a role in the decision.

Yeah, I have been told that I should leave a part of a public park beacuse I was a single man and I was making parents “uncomfortable” . FTR I was sitting on a bench with my back towards them and I was reading. I had not even noticed that they were there.

It’s his business and his marriage. If the roles had been reversed there would have been no court case and while we are at it everyone on SDMB would have been supportive.

So, not firing her and keeping his dick in his pants and his hands to himself isn’t an option?

Okay, keeping your hands to yourself when you’re a dentist is actually kinda tricky, but you know what I mean, right?

This is what baffles me here. That someone with the mental capacities to take a higher education actually stands up in court and basically says “I’m such a troglodyte that I can’t control my nether head, 'cause that’s who’s controlling my actions”. I’d be embarrassed as hell if I’d even consider such defense.

Loser.

Education doesn’t suppress lust. He was just stupid to admit it.

Think they’ll buy it? I mean just generally, become the accepted norm amongst women as a group, that we really *can’t *help it, so its sorta kinda not our fault? We of the testosterone afflicted community could see considerable benefit in such an attitude adjustment. Just sayin’, is all,

I know. And I’d hate to be deprived of lust just because I got an education :wink:

But a guy with the mental faculties needed to take a dentist’s exam, should - in an ideal world - also have the mental faculties to be the boss of his own dick. I’m not saying that’s the rule, but I reserve the option to treat guys like that with contempt.

And he doesn’t even have the “I’m too stupid to understand” excuse. Loser.

Yeah, not much of a professional, is he? So pathetic.

All his hot female patients should probably leave his practice as well. Would you seriously want to be under his care while you’re doped up? Especially if you’re wearing a shirt that’s too tight, a skirt, or you just flat out look good.

Not according to his wife, apparently.

ETA: seriously, why does everyone see “creepy old lech”, when it looks to me to be such a dire case of “spineless henpecked” ?

It wasn’t his wife telling the assistant that he was getting a boner just looking at her.

This – it seems like he was perfectly happy with her (and wasn’t harassing her, either); it’s his wife who insisted that the pretty young thing should be gone from her husband’s clinic – and he didn’t have the spine to stand up to her.