Ways your kids are currently driving you crazy?

Here’s what’s driving me batty about my 10yo daughter…

Talking. She talks too much, and has no desire to attempt to say the right thing at the right time.

For example, assume mom and I are fighting but, trying to be civil, we’re not talking.

"Why aren’t you talking? Are y’all fighting? Why do y’all fight? What’s it about? Is it about me?.. " & etc.

Now, perhaps this is the difference between being an only child (her) and being the youngest of 4-8 kids (depending upon who my Dad was married to at the time), but I would never, EVER goad my parents about their fight. Hell, I knew enough just by looking at my fathers jawline whether or not this was a good time to open my mouth about any subject, much less try to see what he’s pissed off about.

Sophia? Hasn’t a fuckin’ clue.

She also doesn’t have many friends which bothers the hell out of her. I tell her why she doesn’t have many friends, but she ignores me and does the same damn thing over and over again… eventually wondering why this friend is leaving her too.

Well, Sophia, I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again:

1. Kids don’t like being bossed.
  2. Constantly yelling out your latest BFF’s name before every sentence eventually embarrasses her. “Angelica, look at this. Angelica, come sit beside me. Angelica, Angelica, Angelica…”
  3. Kids HATE it when you play games and constantly change the rules. You do this constantly Sophia - “No, wait, I wasn’t ready!” “No, wait, that wasn’t fair!” “No, I did not open my eyes!” “No, the rule is…” (She loses under the new rule) “No, the rule is now…”
  4. Participate in their lives so they’ll want to participate in yours. Don’t pout at your own house because nobody wants to watch Doctor Who with you when they want to swim in the pool - go do what they want to do and get in the damned pool.

But the talking… it’s fuckin’ insane.