"We couldn't refrain from asking....Is there intellegent life in Iceland?

Does Thor still beat his wife?

When did Thor quit using a vacuum cleaner for personal satisfaction?

Does Thor know it’s not safe to ingest his own excrement?

Why is it that Thor kisses my rosey butthole every night before going to bed?

Why are the women in Iceland so ugly, and yet still won’t give it up for Thor?

When did Thor quit shooting smack?

Why can’t Thor afford to have his own computer living in the Icelandic paradise?

How much money would it take to make Thor let me tie him up and beat him… again?

Hey! These rhetorical questions are fun!

And last, not rhetorically, how does one go about making sure immigration cavity searches someone if he comes to visit this decrepit, flawed nation of ours?

“But of Kid” is, IIRC, an old Icelandic custom. Because the sheep are too fast for the overstuffed degenerate berserkers to catch, they make do with trained goats. Habits such as this explain why they were driven off the European mainland and forced to live on a live volcano.

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position that he did not reach through reason.”

Isn’t it about time for a lightning bolt?

(Impersonating a god’s gotta be a frying offense!)

-Melin

I’m a woman phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That’s me
(Maya Angelou)

Ah, that would explain the horned hats- a decoy/desguise…

(excuse me while I forge my geneological records)

I think Thor just needs a vacation during the long winters in Iceland somewhere nice and warm, like the Mediterranean or Florida.

No, ve’re not Fikings, ve’re yust friendly Svedish fishermen. Ve disguise ourselfs as moo-cows; moo-cows don’t scare the fishies…

Yu see any Fikings, Sven? No?

Yu see any Fikings, Olaf? No?

See, no one seen any Fikings here, by Odin… um, I mean By Yiminy!

( Do you think it fooled them? Okay, burn the houses, steal the sheep, and rape the women. And Sven, try to get it right this time…)

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position that he did not reach through reason.”

Personally, I think some of the posts here have gone way overboard. Yes, Thor is a troll, but that’s no excuse for the kind of racial, ethnic and anti-foreign comments I’m seeing here. Even if Thor knew he was being a jerk–Whether he was malicious or just ignorant is not the point here. Ignorance is no excuse, for unrepentant poor behavior, but neither is being offended.–he was never personal. You people, though, have stooped way below his level, making fun of both his and his innocent friend Hoe’s names, ancestry and country of origin. For people who are so quick to point out any sort of over-generalizion when it affects you, you sure don’t seem to mind making derogatory comments about an entire nation of people when one of them pisses you off. In my opinion, attacking the spelling and grammar of Thor and Hoe (What did Hoe ever do to you?! He never even defended Thor, just his country, and you styart making fun of his name and ancestry.) is especially low. Do you make fun of immegrants and tourists as well? Papa Bear, how would you respond if the kids in your classroom started attacking a foreign exchange student who had a made couple of possibly inadvetant derrogatory statemants about America? Besides, I really don’t understand the way some of you respond to trolls here. If their purpose is to stir up anger and controversy by making provocative statements, why do you take the bait so readilly. It seems like ignoring them would make them leave a lot quicker than giving them exactly what they want. It may be hard to ignore jerks in real life, but on a message board, it should be easy. Instead, you say things that would quickly get you shot or beaten up in real life.

Keep in mind, I’m not trying to defend Thor, although he does seem to have made an attempt to behave better since he started. Cross cultural experiences are always trying, but I would cut people like that a little extra slack, rather than holding it against them. Maybe Thor is in fact a little insensitive and naive. He was admittedly slow to take a hint (or even a direct confrontation). There is still no reason to go overboard.

For cryin’ out load, Alan. Read my posts before you slam me, will you?

The only derogatory comments I made about Iceland were the one’s I made to illustrate the illogic and unfairness of Thor’s OPs. You ask me, “how would I feel…?” That’s exactly the question I was asking.

Again, I await an apology. (and again I’m not going to hold my breath.)

PS - “inadvertant” my ass!

Huh? This is the friggin’ BBQ pit.

I never took anything Thor said personally, and I don’t think most of the other posters lost any sleep over his comments either. I posted here for fun, not to “avenge my country” or whatever. Other “anti-Iclandic” posts on here were intended as a parody of his posts. You needn’t take stuff here so seriously- the BBQ pit is the cyber equivilent of a water balloon fight, not a world war.

Thanks Alan.
I think you are the best movie director in the world. :slight_smile:

Alan: Yes, i make fun of europeans. I run up to them and scream obsceneties in spanish to them, and steal the candy from theri babies. I also make immigrants pick the ticks off of my dog.(SARCASM! =) ). Alan, read the friggin title of the message board, we can flame, and piss people off that is the point of this board.For you alan: ¡Aquí, puede hablar sobre otras personas!

I just wanted to point out to all of the Thorleifur bashers that I am no tthe Icelandic gent who has been causing all of this flaming. I am from Colorado and love the good ole U S of A. I have been getting a few flames here and there from folks who confuse me and Thorleifur.

Man, did I pick the wrong name!

All right, everyone, time for a contest! Let’s come up with a new name for Thor. My personal choice is “ThunderGod!”

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.”
Hunter Thompson

a name for thor eh? how about…MC hammer (you know, since the god Thor had a hammer)? =)…no? ok…sorry =)

Thor was also known by the name Asathor.

It doesn’t look good in English does it?

Thor was also known by the name Asathor.

It doesn’t look good in English does it?

What about Odin?

Or Tyr?

Or Frey?

Or…LOKI? He’s the ultimate bad as God.

Sounds good to me. Can we chain him up in a cave if he acts up? (:

Yes, only if there is a snake, dripping poison on his face when his mother has to empty the collection bowl.

I thought it was Loki’s wife that emptied the bowl of poison. Don’t tell me that even Norse Mythology is different in Iceland!