We live in 1984

I thought that almanac warning was to prevent Marty McFly from traveling back in time and letting Biff get ahold of it …thus creating ANOTHER Back to the Future sequel.

No, no! The OP is right! The FBI came bursting through my door yesterday, ransacked the place, looking for almanacs, and then installed a two-way video system so they could continue to watch me!

Save yourselves! Warn your neighbors! Band together to fight The Man before it’s too late! We’re not really at war with Eur…OOMPH!! ACK!!

I’ll send your post down a memory hole before you get in trouble.

Wicked, man. I’ve got my hair spiked, my inch-thick leather tie shined, and I’m just kickin’ back, doing a couple of lines, sippin’ a wine cooler, listening to Prince, and waiting for Miami Vice to come on one of the three major networks.

Tonight I’m gonna party like it’s 1999.

And they can tell when you buy one, 'cause they can look at all your bank stuff whenever they want.

Heh. CSIS doesn’t know how much I owe Visa. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only 18 more days until Apple Computer introduces Macintosh. Any idea what it’ll be like?

I heard it isn’t even compatible with all the old software for the II. And they haven’t announced any games for it… why would you buy a computer that can’t play Zork, Nethack, or Hunt the Wumpus? It’s just a home computer, I don’t expect Pac-Man or anything, but come on!

Can anyone tell me wtf this has to do with the OP?

The Mac debuted on 1/25/1984. And Mr2001 is a dork :wink: .

Actually, it was (will be?) 1/24/1984… d’oh! 17 days.

I was born in 1984.

No, really.

Woohoo! I’m going to have my first sexual experience this summer!

I would have said this in one of the previous almanac threads, but they were too long by the time I saw them. So I’ll say it here:

If a terrorist was going to use information gleaned from an almanac to launch an attack, they would be far more likely to xerox or tear out the page, or transcribe the relevant info, and add such papers to their “file”, either in a laptop or a smudged notebook. Why would they carry around a big honking almanac for the sake of one or a few pages?

I can sell you a CD player, for the bargain low price of $600.

The sound quality is amazing, dude.

Give me a fucking break. First off, they weren’t fucking banned. Second, given the number of people who actually bring almanacs on planes, I think it’s a reasonable task to take 10 extra seconds to assess the possibility of a threat. Like Rilchiam said, the likelihood of a terrorist hopping on a plane with a copy in his hand is slim, but every little bit helps. What would you say if Homeland Security knew of this practice, didn’t warn anyone, and an investigation of the next terrorist attack revealed that a middle eastern looking man was seen carrying an almanac onto the plane?

:smack:

ok

No, Mom! Don’t send me to that alternative high school! It’ll end in tears, I tells ya!

You know, if I fly anytime soon, I’m carrying an almanac with me. Just to see whether they’re actually paying attention to these announcements.

Plus they make for dandy airplane and/or bathrom reading. No wonder I kill at Trivial Pursuit :).

Dude, I can’t believe they didn’t play Jump at Prom. What kind of lame DJ was that?

can we get this discussion back to one of it’s earlier and more interesting hijacks ? ie The Long Road’s sister. Please people, lets prioritize. :wink: