Wednesday's Child is full of Woe. But I'm looking forward to new Wednesday series. Addams Family spinoff [Open Spoilers as of 2022-12-07]

I’m not sure why five males means anything. You’ve heard of bisexuality, no? Did Wednesday ever actually state any preference?

I’ll reserve judgement for any such relationship. Depends on the writing, acting, and chemistry. Maybe it could work, maybe not. IMO Bianca would work better as a potential partner for romance with Wednesday, based on season 1 chemistry.

Nope, but she’s clearly demonstrated one. This seems like the reverse of the old trope that a lesbian is just waiting for the right guy to “straighten her out.” Over 50% of her classmates were girls, one of them the roommate people are trying to ship her with, and she only showed interest in two guys. How many times does she have to not pick a girl before she gets to be straight?

No, she hasn’t. Liking boys doesn’t preclude an attraction to girls. You’ve heard of bisexuality, right?

Yes, which would require her to like girls. Which she has shown zero indication of doing, despite having ample chance.

Boys have shown an interest in her. She hasn’t shown a lot of interest in boys.

Why does there need to be a love interest at all?

The character can stand on her own. Pairing off characters for the sake of pairing off characters, i.e. using the old ‘boy meets girl’ or even ‘girl meets girl’ trope, is just a sign of bad or desperate writing. Why make this any more like the old CW than it already is?

Agreed. Admittedly the line about “my first kiss and …” was a good one, but the character doesn’t need romance. Whatever the orientation the character is better off avoiding the formula, and there is NO romantic chemistry between her and Enid.

She specifically tells her mother she has no interest in following her footsteps, “I will never fall in love, be housewife, or have children.” I could see her as an ace easier than shipping her with anyone, male, female, or undead.

To change the subject, I’ve been puzzling over why Naomi J. Ogawa (Yoko) gets starring credit. She has about two lines among the eight episodes. I am wondering if she had more scenes but they were edited out.

You know what Adult Wednesday Addams says: “Do you know what it’s like to be shot thirty-seven times in the chest? Thirty-seven bullets. In your chest. It feels like your heart becomes a thousand fireworks. Your body is merely a vessel for that one moment; it lasts a fraction of a second before you perish, but it feels like lifetimes. That is what love feels like…. Why don’t you call me when you know what love feels like?”

Being ACE doesn’t stop fans from shipping characters. :person_shrugging:

As the quote in my post #158 says.

Yup. I totally agree with your post.

ACE? What?

It’s teenspeak for Asexual.

I’ve heard “ace” (for asexual) used casually by people who are now closer to 40 than to 10, who were surprised i didn’t understand them.

Or both actually being the same character.

Gives self-love a whole new meaning.

Like Loki/Sophie? I mean, if ever there were characters in love with themselves…

I think I may have to give The Cramps another look after being exposed to the coolness of “Goo Goo Muck” by this show. Up to this point, my familiarity with the band’s music lies almost entirely with the snippet of “Bikini Girls With Machine Guns” that was played on Beavis and Butt-Head over and over. I do remember being in the record store across from my college dorm one time doing my very best to convince a friend to buy a Cramps album so that I could then borrow it and see what they were all about. Ah, if only we had had the practically endless capacity for exploring new music risk-free back then that we have now!