Welcome, castaways! Lost 1.12

When Locke had Boone tied up, and gave the little speech about cutting himself free when he had the right motivation, I could only think of Charlie and the ‘ask me three times, and I’ll give you your drugs’ episode.

Good or bad, Locke is setting himself up to be the wise old guru with the help of the island.

Nope. When Boone was going off on Locke, Locke said something about, "It made you see… " blahblah. I don’t actually remember. Anyway, Boone thinks that the goo Locke put on his head earlier made him hallucinate.

Not sure if Locke’s “it” refers to the goo or the TCM though. I agree that Hurley’s leaves were improv TP.

In this episode I notice there were were flapping noises too right before the TCM showed up. That may jst mean that other creatures are fleeing the area. Or it just might be a nice creepy sound to heighten the TCM drama.

At the rate this thread moves, I’m sure someone will beat me to this, but No.

“Hallucinogens” refers to the hallucinogenic (and antibacterial with new fresh scent!) paste that Locke was mixing in the nutshell mortar and pestle. When he smeared the goo on Boone’s head, he got a trip to end all trips.

Who says we didn’t want anything to happen to her?? Not to be fatalistic or anything, but I’m kind of ready for something to happen to someone. I also want the writers to show that they aren’t afraid to off a regular. I love Charlie, but I definitely found his resurrection to be rather cheap. Ditto Shannon. :dubious:

My 11-year-old son wants me to add: she’s an annoying little freak. Why shouldn’t she die?

So…do ya’ll agree with my son’s analysis of Shannon’s character?

I don’t think you will see any major character die until AFTER they’ve had their “Life Altering Experience.”

Perhaps. I’m not sure what, exactly, Locke was talking about though. See post #42.

So was Boone drugged or did the TCM invent all that drama for him? I should go post in the Questions thread…

Oh, since I’m here anyway: A) These weekly threads move way too fast. B) The speed of the board isn’t helping.

And on preview, thanks for the assist, WhyNot.

Yeah, but you heard Boone. She’s special. In lots of ways! :wink:

Oops. So sorry. :frowning:

I believe that Locke had some kind of similar experience that one time when he seemed to come face to face with the monster, and he stranded Boone in the jungle so that he would have one, too. He said “you’ll be able to cut yourself free when you’re motivated.” It turns out that the motivation came from Boone’s mind, and that was Shannon being in danger.

When Locke was questioning Boone about his experience by the fire, I definitely felt that Locke had some idea of what Boone had gone through. I’m going to watch this part again, I’m pretty sure there are some clues to what’s up with Locke buried in there.

On another subject, I’m pretty sure that was supposed to be a polar bear threatening Walt in the preview for next week.

By the way, how many con artists are there on the island? Sawyer, Kate and Shannon so far have double-crossing behavior in their back story.

I admit I was 95% certain that Boone was hallucinating, so I didn’t feel let down or angry. I didn’t really expect Shannon or anyone to die this episode. I also suspected they were step sibs and there would be something more going on with them, but I was still happy to see it confirmed.

I enjoyed this episode more than the last. There was a lot going on, we got a lot of short conversations between several characters. The Hurley/Jin stuff was great, it showed that Jin isn’t all hardass. It looks more and more like Jin can also speak/understand at least some English.

Yep, that’s what I saw. I speculate that Michael will save him and they’ll have a glorious father/son relationship after that. Or Locke will save him and Michael will be forced to realize that Locke Isn’t Evil and will therefore permit Walt to spend time with him, which will eventually turn into a Bad Idea because Locke is Satan.

Or not. :slight_smile:

He’s a good liar, but I don’t think he’s bad. I think he has different ideas about things, and strange ways to teach lessons, but he hasn’t hurt anyone at all. In fact, he’s saved at least 3 lives. I see a schism in the future of the island, and I think Jack and Lock will be the two leaders on opposing sides. Just a guess.

Also, I don’t like Kate at all. There, I’ve said it. It seems like she wanted to make the power alliance as quickly as possible after the plane crash. She saw that Jack was assertive, wise, intelligent and very useful and she latched onto him like a freaking leech. I don’t like that girl.

My station doesn’t give me the preview - anybody want to share?

I’m not a big fan of Kate either. When she was helping Sun with the garden I just rolled my eyes and thought, “Great, now she’s a botanist, too.”
Re: Locke and Boone. I think they left the line “Is that what it made you see?” a little ambiguous so we would wonder whether he meant the hallucinogen or the TCM as the “it”.

[QUOTE=Silver Fire]
Nope. When Boone was going off on Locke, Locke said something about, "It made you see… " blahblah. I don’t actually remember. Anyway, Boone thinks that the goo Locke put on his head earlier made him hallucinate. QUOTE]

Ah…gotcha ya. :smiley:

BTW, I guess Boone ain’t gay. :smiley:

Heh…that was my guess from last week. I humbly admit that I was wrongwrongwrong. :smiley:

Did Locke’s compass match Sayid’s homemade one?
Because magnetic north can differ widely from magnetic north, even without iron deposits. (for example in Hilo, Hawaii the magnetic variation is 10 degrees east in Seattle it is 21 degrees east Gaum is only 2 deg east tho)

Brian

I think you mean “magnetic” north and “true” north…

As long as the sun is setting in the west, true north never changes! :smiley: