Welcome to the Election Insomnia Thread

Trouble sleeping? Nervous energy with no constructive outlet? Welcome.

Now entertain me.

Until then, I’ll be watching these videos.

I can see that I’m the only one. Very well. Onto this one.

Nope, you’re not the only one. I’m sure I’ll be on here off and on all night, plus most of tomorrow. I don’t feel like I can rest easy until we have a concession speech from McCain. Now as far as how entertaining I can be…

I’m awake, although not necessarily because of the election… I’m just an incurable night owl :wink:

Good enough for me. Though you’re still obligated to entertain me. Tell me something I don’t know. Or show me something I haven’t seen.

I’m up, chatting with my son on Yahoo Messenger. He lives in California and is as liberal as I am, so naturally we’re talking election.

Love that One More Day video! Here’s mine.

I noticed that Youtube pegged “Americans vs Ninjas - Los Americános contra Los Ninjas” as a related video. Not sure what to read into that.

On edit, this video totally blew my mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGm8SOf3_A&feature=related

Ha. “The only one, indeed”.

From the campaign office in Michigan City, Indiana, we’re still working hard, trying to nail everything down, and take care of business.

Us too. I am tired but I can’t even think about closing my eyes. The SO has resorted to distracting himself with videogames. Me, I’m stuck on the 'Tube. This one really moved me: Barackapella

So young, so inspired…excuse me, I have something in my eye.

And this one is cute: Take the Day Off

I wish I had thought that far ahead. Everyone is going to be late, but even so we will be completely useless once we get there.

Count me in as a huge fan of Les Misbarack…

I am so freakin’ scared. Could he lose? Really, could he??? :eek:

Just get up early; I routinely watch Hardball and Olbermann at 3 AM and 4 AM.

I’m up, but not because of the election because of work. Trying to get a new site launched by this morning. It’s not only Election Day but it’s day 1 of the SEMA car parts show in Vegas and I’ve got to get this car parts client up and running.

Silly bit of scheduling, that.

The good news is that maybe I’ll get to sleep in and miss all of the hand-wringing during the day :slight_smile:

No cable. We have to resort to NY1! :smack:

I still don’t know which would-be senator I’m voting for, and I keep thinking about zombies.

Stupid zombies. Stupid indefensible room on the ground level with too many windows and a door that can barely keep a determined cat out.

I didn’t sleep at all Sunday night (I mean, not one bit), and finally collapsed into bed last night at 9.

Of course I promptly woke up at midnight and haven’t been able to go back to sleep yet. I even took a benadryl. I should be sleeping. I feel like I did when I was a kid on Christmas, except with this Christmas there is the distinct possibility that not only will I not get toys, I’ll be sent to my room without supper until next year.

Stupid polls. Open already!

Didn’t plan it this way, but we’re up, polls open in ten minutes. Where are my shoes?

I’m up and anxious. I can’t even vote yet (next year. darn it.)

and now I’m completely exhausted and could easily turn over and go to sleep, probably… but I have to get up in like 5 minutes.

I heard my parents get up like half an hour ago. I guess they’re antsy too.

The alarm is set to go off in half an hour - the plan was to get into sweats, walk to the polling place to be there by 6 when they open, vote, then come home, shower, and get ready for work.

But here I am. BOING! It’s going to be a looooong day - we have tickets for the Grant Park rally, so we may not be home until 2 or later. I’m glad I took tomorrow off.

I am up because I work nights, and will be headed to the voting booth when I leave here.

The Obama supporters better hope that all the newly registered and newly converted voters actually get up and go to the polls today, otherwise a surprise may be in store. Many of the people who will vote for McCain are ready to vote every election.