Well, grampa died.

After having massive heart attacks, a septuple bypass, cancer of the lungs, liver and stomach, he died of a stroke earlier today. Go figure.

So I’m flying out to Canada tomorrow at 6am for the funeral.

Geez Silent, he certainly put up a fight didn’t he? No going gently into that good night for him eh! Did that reflect the spirit he had during his life by any chance?

Take care on your journey, and I’m sure I speak for the Doper Community when I say that our thoughts are travelling with you.

He sounds like he was a battler all right… they don’t make 'em like they used to, do they ?

Kambuckta’s right, our thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear that Silentgoldfish. Have a safe trip and take care.

sending good vibes to you and yours

Your grandfather does indeed sound like he was one tough bloke. And you’re flying halfway around the world to say goodbye. He’d have appreciated that. Have a safe trip, and don’t forget the Dopers are here if you need anything.

Thinking of you and yours, Silentgoldfish. Travel safely.

Silentgoldfish I’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

:frowning:

I’m so sorry, Silentgoldfish. May good memories of your grampa keep him alive forever in your heart.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Scotti

A septuple bypass?!? :eek:

Sure sounds like he was a fighter and had lots of spirit! Sorry to hear of your loss. :frowning: My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your grampa certainly was a fighter. My thoughts are with you and your family. Travel safely.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip.

I am very sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose grandparents. There is a special relationship with the grands.

I know what you’re going through, silentgoldfish. My grandpa died on April 23. He was 90 years old.

There were a lot of people that showed up at the service last Saturday – people from the church, the Kiwanis organization he was a part of and who knows what else. He used to play in a symphony as a violinist years ago and at the end of the service, a violinist and pianist played one of his favorite pieces. sniff

“Coincidentally,” at the regular church service this past Sunday, the choir sang with a mini-symphony of maybe a dozen people. I know that, if he were there, he would have been standing and clapping, yelling “Bravo!” at the end. :slight_smile:

My sympathies, Silentgoldfish. I lost my own grandfather a year and a half ago, and he had had similar medical issues - a tough old bird :wink: Also lost my own father a few months ago.

Know that he rests easy now, and his toil is at an end - for a time, at least.

:frowning: I’m sorry for your loss, Silentgoldfish. He does sound like he was a tough old bird who didn’t give up easily. Keep him in your thoughts and heart. That is so cool that you’re able and willing to go all that way to say your byes.

{{{{{{Silentgoldfish}}}}}}

Twit, that is so cool, that you could smile so soon, and appreciate that he would have applauded that ‘concert’ at church. I’m sorry for your loss.

{{{{{{twit}}}}}}

Venoma, I’m so sorry that I missed the info about your dad. And that you lost your grandpa too. I hope you’re doing well with all that, or at least okay.

{{{{{{Venoma}}}}}}

I know what it’s like to lose loved ones. The pain never completely goes away, but it does get better with time. Remember the good times, the laughter, all the stuff that you loved about that person, and keep them in your heart. It helps a lot with the pain.

Bless you and your family, Silentgoldfish. I am very sorry for your loss.

Sounds like he was quite a guy.

Warmest thoughts

Redboss

Thanks everyone. Woulda responded sooner but no access to a computer at my grammas. So I’m back in Brisbane now.

The funeral was a lot better than I was expecting. Whoda thunk a eulogy could be entertaining? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you. :frowning: