Well, looks like I'm welcoming a new feline overlord...

She’s happy enough going on flat paper, she seems to prefer being behind or under something.

I’ve given her her morning wormer and eye drops, and she started playing with a sweet wrapper - well I about died from da kyootness.

damn my camera battery dying on me!!

Did she bat at it with her tiny little paws!!!?? swoon

I bet she’d go APE over a laser dot… I hope she doesn’t have feline HIV or feline leukaemia My understanding is it is mostly spread by fighting though. So maybe she is OK? skritches for Mz. Munroe.

Looks like your new kittie has “forever” worshippers as well. She’s obviously getting comfortable as well as getting healthier by the minute. Congratulations Corcaigh! She looks to be a lovely addition to your home.

Her name should be Volta (after the inventory of the first battery Alessandro Volta).

alessandra would be a lovely name as well. something to grow into.

Yes, yes she did!!!

I think she’s constipated. Her belly is getting bigger and bigger and she’s not pooped since Tuesday. She’s been trying to but nothing’s coming, other than the occasional tiny bit.

Her eyes are not looking any better :frowning:

She is developing a real character, she’s the boss of the living room and no mistake, she’s investigated every corner and found the best places to pee, and can get up onto the couch quite easily and plonks herself down on my lap :smiley:

I’m thinking of calling her Sassy, because she surely is!

I’d recommend a small amount of Petromalt. Helped an elderly cat I once had when he got stopped up (in his case, hairballs were a common culprit).

Miss DrumBum found two week old kittens which we bottle fed and they too had the swollen bellies and no pooping. The vet said the belly was normal and that a washcloth soaked with warm water should be used to rub the kittens butts to get them to poop. It took about a week for anything substantial to come out.

So says DrumBum who is currently ruled by four feline overlords … :smiley:

Unfortunately the warm washcloth on the butt didn’t help :frowning:

I took her to the vet who thinks she may have a bellyful of worms, and tried palpitating her abdomen, then tried “probing” (if you see what I mean) and she has an obstruction, so liquid laxative was administered.

She was in very poor form after that visit and hid under the furniture for ages, then she came out and tried to get to the newspaper behind the TV stand to be sick, only she didn’t quite make it. She didn’t throw up a lot, but she did throw up 3 times. I sat her in her litter box and she fell asleep

She spent most of the evening trying to “go”, but nothing is moving. It doesn’t seem to be paining her at least.

Her eyes are looking a lot better, I gave them a good wash yesterday evening, she didn’t really want me doing anything else to her, so I left her alone (I think she’d had a rough enough time for one day!)

She perked up again late in the evening and had a play around, she was quiet all night until about 6am, she had something to drink and a peck at her food, then went in the litter box, then went back to bed.

I’ll be taking her back down to the vet today for a follow-up. Hopefully we can shift the obstruction and she’ll be okay after.

I am amazed at how resilient she’s being :smiley: I think I will call her Sassy, she answers to it (well flicks her ears at me)

(Oh and my bad, she wasn’t on the battery in the car at all, I’m a gurl see, and the only thing I know about car engines is they have a battery and a dipstick)

Using the litter tray
Awwwww
cleaner eyes
playing with a toy mouse

Awww. Porr little Sass. Constipation is the pits. :frowning: Hope everything comes out all right in the end! :smiley: BTW did they have the results of her blood tests?

Yes, how is Sassy now? Unplugged?

She sure does clean up purty. Good to see how her eyes are clearing up. Good to know she’s using the litterbox properly, not just for naps. I hope she becomes fully functional soon.

I am delighted to report that Sassy is now pooping!

She’s still having problems, as in the stool gets stuck halfway out, so I have to assist, but she’s done 4 in the last 24 hours!! her about-to-burst belly has gone back down to more respectable proportions, and I’m not seeing any worms in the poo.

She has also been eating and drinking. Her eyes are looking much much better now, the brown gunk has cleared up, her third eyelids are almost normal. I can see she has something on one eye, but can’t tell if it’s an ulcer, or just a bit of gunk she’d not blinked away.

She’s gotten the whole scramble-onto-the-couch-locate-lap-that-has-laptop-lie-down-on-hooman’s-arm routine down pat, and I’m learning hour to type one handed again! :smiley:

She’s not wheezing so much now, and she’s stopped sneezing. All in all she’s doing pretty darn well! :heart:

just yawned

Thanks everyone for your interest in our story! gets all choked up I’ll continue updating as she progresses :slight_smile:

nice photo!! <3 :slight_smile:

Please do keep all the kitty-lovers updated, with plenty of pictures to aaawww and squee at, please. :slight_smile:

Bit of a rough weekend for Sassy, once she started pooping she couldn’t stop, fortunately they were all solid (and no signs of worms in any of them), but her lickle bott-bott got awful sore :frowning:

Then yesterday evening she started sort-of gasping for breath, not panting, or mouth breathing, but her breathing became very erratic and she got very hot. I rang the emergency number for the vet and took her in for a check. She’d cooled down and perked up considerably but her breathing was still bad. Vet reckons she has fluid in and around her lungs and heart, so gave her two injections. She lived up to her name big time when she took a chunk out of the vet’s latex glove for one of them! LOL

She seems to be dribbling something from the side of her mouth and it’s accumulating on her whiskers, I thought it was the sticky syrupy laxative, but I’ve not given her any of that since she started pooping on Friday night.

I can’t remember when I last saw her peeing. She’s taken to peeing in a plant pot and pooing in the litter box, but the plant pot is dry. During the night last night she peed in her carrier box/bed twice.

Before she went to bed she attacked the single strand of ivy that’s in the plant pot, I almost died from the kyoot :heart: didn’t get my camera organised quick enough to catch her at it though.

She’s been eating and drinking and seems happy enough in herself, so I’ll keep plugging away with her for as long as we can.

Watching telly (the white basket next to her is the plant pot she pees in)

ready for mah close-up

Doesn’t it seem like you’re due for a little simple kitten-time without wrorrying about breathing or pooping? {{{Healthy kitty vibes}}}

StG

Aww, can’t believe I missed this thread until now! Cute kitty! Sending more happy healthy kitty vibes and looking forward to hearing more updates and seeing more pics!

She’s a cutie, I love reading about her spunk.

Just something I’m wondering about: besides playing with the strand of ivy, could she have ingested some? Ivy is somewhat toxic to cats.