Welp, this place has changed

Since her avatar appears to be a white square, she might have some trouble finding it. :joy:

Is this thread supposed to be about me? :space_invader:

Moderator Note

The Pit was around long before the software change. The purpose of ATMB is not to complain about the Pit in every single thread, regardless of the topic. If you want to complain about the Pit, do it here:

Do not bring complaints about the Pit into unrelated threads.

Apologies. Message received.

Not unless they are able to communicate with each other.

Yes, you weren’t around in the Good Old Days.

Software/format changes are always jarring, and generally not an improvement. In the case of the SDMB they have been beneficial. For one thing, I can start working on a post, go to other sites to gather information to clarify a point I was going to make, and return to the partially completed post without finding it has vanished into the ether.

I just like that I can go to the SDMB and see that it’s not down. You couldn’t rely on that with the old software. I almost left for good because half the time I tried to visit, everything was broken.

Heh, I remember when YOU were a newbie, old man. I was here over 5 month ahead of you. Neener Neener, who’s your diener now? :wink:

During residency we had a diener (morgue worker who moves and does preliminary dissection of a corpse) named Don.

He was sometimes known as Don of the Dead.

I like that. It’s been a loooong time since I participated in any diener humor. One of my old roommates spent a summer working as a diener. You can imagine what we all said to him at dinner the nights we served hot dogs.

This is epic.

Thank you, with this advice I was able to locate my PM history.

I use Classic Reddit exclusively. No snoovatars, all 30+ subs, mature discourse without the echochamber that SDMB entails. No pile-ons, less bullshit, I’ll take it <3

Yo yo yiggity yo! I vaguely remember your name, can’t remember if you liked or hated me, but hey internet personage. Hi there, hello. I haven’t been active here for at least 5 years. Timeline’s a little fuzzy and frankly, I don’t give enough of a shit to investigate further. I’m firmly post-SDMB at this point in my life, I don’t do echo chambers.

I’ll forever be grateful for the many, many reality checks I received from SDMB as I (poorly/sans-therapy) navigated a very rocky, oversharey chapter of my life. I was a cringy, poorly-socialized legbeard entirely lacking in boundaries. I can hardly blame anyone who didn’t like the me of 2012ish - me today wouldn’t be friends with me back then, so I dig it.

I hope you’re doing well. I hope Skald the Rhymer and BigT are still kicking. I hope DiosaBellisima and MeanOldLady are still kicking and notoriously cunty.

I am doing well, for those who care. For those who don’t, that’s cool. Maybe I’ll pop back in again 5 years from now and see what’s what! Probably not, though.

Thanks again, y’all! Stay pink, soft, and oily <3

BigT is very active, I don’t recognize any of the other posters you mention. I’ve been around more than 10 years as an active poster.

Skald has vision problems and rarely posts. MOL and DB seem to have abandoned the boards.

May of last year, December of 2018, February, July, November and December of 2017.

Every step you take, every move you make, every dog you wake, every herring you bake
Czarcasm’s watching you . . .

It is just that she said she hadn’t been here for about five years, and I distinctly remember her posting last year and the year before that, so I checked to see if maybe I was mistaken.

And you had to post it…