We're 'aving a gang bang! (Not a dopefest thread, sorry)

Has anyone ever heard this song? It’s by a British group called Black Lace. I saw them performing it in a movie called Rita, Sue and Bob, Too while channel surfing last week, and I liked it, it was definitely amusing. I’ve been looking around online, but I can’t find it. Black Lace seems to have only one album, and this song isn’t on there. I even fired up the old P2P program for the first time in ages to look for it, no dice. Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of this song?

Aaaaaa gaaaaaaa doo doo doo, push pineapple, shake a tree,
Agadoo doo doo, push pineapple, grind coffee,
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees,
Come and dance every night, sing with a Hula melody.

Well, I’m a surprised Celyn suddenly. Because I found I could immediately associate a tune with the song (and even turned out to have got that bit right) and I do remember a group on the 80s called Black Lace, but not a thing about what music they did, only that it seemed to be a rather awful band, the kind that suddenly infest the airwaves with some novelty hit. Yes, unfair judgement, I suppose.

Anyway, so I have learned soemthing - but not, alas, how to buy an album with the song on. You might have to settle for buying the film, methinks.

http://www.priceclash.co.uk/rita-sue-and-bob-too

(I’ve never seen the film, but from descriptions - which mainly say “bleak” or “horribly bleak” it sounds quite good! Silly me, 'cos I do recognise the title, whici would mean it has been on TV at some point. Oh well

Guanolad Eek! So the same lot were responsible for that “Agadoo” pile of cac? I thought there was a connection, but thought I must have it wrong. Memory seems to work oddly. That was the sort of song that would have one running out of the pub as though chased by the devil. Yet it travelled to Oz. somehow? Weird.

WeirdDave - this link looked sort of worth clicking BUT when I did click, my browser crashed. I think that is jsut my computer being silly, but when it starts to crash for certian links, I find it will continue doing so. You might have better luck

DMCDJONLY

… Chuck Berry ‘You Never Can Tell’ 10. Big Fun ‘Blame It On The Boogie’ 11. Black Lace ‘Gang Bang’ 12. Black Lace ‘Hokey Cokey’ 13. …

www.dmcworld.com/djonly/boxsetstracks.asp?id=453 - 20k - Cached - Similar pages