What a bad First Date. Maybe the worst ever?

Couldn’t she have just said “Look, I don’t think this is working out between us. I think you ought to go home now.” ? Sure, it’s not a dramatic, but still, right?

Stop doing this I almost ruined another keyboard :smiley:

Capt

Okay, maimed and probably killed.

I did not know that.

nm

Damn. Makes the first date I had where the guy told me in graphic detail about his gastric bypass and the aftermath seem tame by comparison.

"…The metal railing at Stonehenge 57 bent, sending her falling backward 140 feet. She landed on construction scaffolding outside the first story of a building in front of the Sofrito restaurant. Her impact inadvertently activated the conveyor belt that fed her into a cement mixer, where she tumbled around until being poured into a mold of pylons. It was then a crane carried her trapped body away, but the chain snapped, and she fell again into the street, shattering the cement and was run over by a dump truck, followed by a street cleaner. The vehicle sucked her body in, and launched it several hundred feet into the air, until she crashed down upon the top of the giant 76 gas station globe, whereupon it broke free of its fixture to the signage, and she rolled, stuck to the ball, as it accelerated down 57th Ave. and crashed into a pet shop specializing in exotic reptiles. Her body was slowly and agonizingly consumed by several Gila monsters.

Rescue and emergency response officials could only stare on, as the 76 globe made access inside impossible. Then, the unthinkable happened… The globe sparked, and the entire pet shop went up in flames. Her body was recovered after fire trucks dowsed the inferno. All looked hopelessly tragic until Fire Rescue Worker, James Rizzo, recovered the woman’s iPhone, exclaiming, “Holy shit! It still works!” And proceeded to play Some Nights by the popular indie pop band FUN. to prove miracles do still happen…"

Any guesses as to what kind of financial settlement her heirs will get? She was 35, single. I see “A one-bedroom apartment goes for $3,595 per month, according to the company’s website.” That is $43,140/year. But she had one with a balcony so probably paid more. So it looks like she was probably making $150,000 a year or more a year. If you multiple $150,000 by 40 years that would be a $6 million settlement…

A *real *man would have torn off his shirt to reveal the “S”, swooped down and saved her, then carried her along for a pass over Manhattan, with romantic music in the background. She should have been pickier about her dates.

I guess you could say as she fell backward and plunged to her death, she was really heels over head for that date, huh?