What a difference a shoe makes. My toes are happy!

I’m so glad you found something that feels good and fits your lifestyle!

For future reference, if you ever do want to try Birkenstocks, they do make a number of styles in closed-toe styles; clogs as well as some more “normal-looking” shoes. Birkenstockcentral.com is where I order my sandals (and clogs) from. I haven’t tried their “normal” shoes (it’s hard to find “women’s” styles in my size) and would be nervous of buying such a thing over the internet, but it’s there. I think the parent company also sells Earth shoes when you want to shop for spares.

Wow… those things are fugly. On the other hand… if they have half the benefits the web page promises, they might be worth it! But I’d be afraid I’d stumble with them on (I’ve got proprioceptive issues that have led to broken bones).

Of course my beloved Birks aren’t exactly beautiful, and I’ve stumbled going up stairs in them…

I remember seeing these thongs in a catalog and dismissed them as hype, but now I wonder if they would be interesting, for those who like thongs (I don’t):

http://www.footsmart.com/P-Fit-Flop-Womens-Walkstar-Thongs-71955.aspx

My Lazers arrived this afternoon! Now, that is quick. I have them on and they feel good. They do look dorky (my white no ankle socks don’t help much there, nor do my capri pants), but I’m comfy!

This thread makes me want to go shoe shopping (can’t afford to right now). I have neuromas - mild but multiple. These sound promising.

My college-student shoes are usually as uncomfortable as $12 Wal-mart shoes can be. These make me wish I were a real person and could afford things. :frowning:

Okay, I was so inspired by this thread I went to Dillard’s and tried on these and I am seriously in love. I need shoes that will look good with dresses and hose, and these are perfect. I have wide feet, and the girl who waited on me said while they don’t come in wide widths, they run wide…and these fit perfectly. They are on hold for me. But the price is what is stopping me…I have never paid over $40 for shoes, much less $139. Of course, the reason my feet and knees and ankles are in such bad shape is probably my inclination to stick to $20 and $10 shoes from PayLess and KMart.

I need to win a lottery in the next four days. Sigh.

Oh, and the ones I tried on and want aren’t the patent leather…just regular black leather, which Zappos didn’t have at the moment.

Are they cheaper through Zappo’s? Mine were and they delivered them in 2 days instead of the 3-5 that they promised.

I like those shoes you picked out. I’ve decided that with shoes, you get what you pay for (I am not talking about high end fashion here). I’ve bought cheap shoes and “good” shoes–everytime I’ve regretted the cheap ones. Sad fact of life…

Every source I looked at had the exact same price for these shoes…$139. Though one store here in town was $139.95! The one site that discounts Earth Shoes only has discontinued ones…

I’m just wondering if they will help with the athritis is my knees and ankles, or make it worse. I don’t have plantar fascitis any more…never could spell that…