What actor/actress plays you in your "based on true life" movie.

Yeah, the tagline would be, “How in the ƒ*¢# did this dude end up with her?!” Believe me, I know I had extraordinary good luck in finding a wife.

If we’re casting me at my present age, probably Jesse Eisenberg or Micheal Cera. Neither look all that much like me, but (by Hollywood standards, at least) they aren’t that much better-looking than me, and both are good at portraying awkward, nebbishy young dudes. Jason Segal might be a solid choice, too. If we were casting a middle-aged version of me, perhaps Robert Picardo.

Jerry Mathers is probably the closest match.

Clint Howard.

He’s have to gain a lot of weight for the role, but Bruce Willis could do it. Or maybe John Malkovich.

I don’t currently have a girlfriend but my last one could be played by Amy Adams.

A lot of the “look alikes” in my bio would be musicians slumming in a film. Trent Reznor (with glasses) for me. Depending on the time frame, the SO would be played by a young Amy Lee of Evanescence with short hair (ex-wife), Emma Stone with shorter black hair (ex-fiancee), Fiona Apple (ex-g/f), or… uhh… the current “plaything”/FWB/occasional girlfriend looks most like a more busty twin of the very NSFW-don’t-image-search-her-at-work-or-hell-even-at-home adult actress who goes by the quaint name “Alice Wonderbang.”

(Those are the SOs who had immediately obvious analogues who could theoretically be in a movie; never did figure out who my other ex-fiancee would look like, and another long-term SO looked like a severely anorexic Amanda Peet, who I imagine wouldn’t be willing to get that skinny… then there were several who simply looked like Marcie or Velma…)

Amy’s going to be busy- she’s also playing my wife’s best friend.

My husband has always been a dead ringer for Richard Dreyfuss, but they don’t cast actresses as forgettable-looking as me, so lets go with Frances McDormand.

I was a dead ringer for NPH in high school and we are still pretty similar. Ricky Schroder or Chad Allen might do in a pinch.

Getting more fanciful:

Mom: Linda Carter
Brother: The jock from The Dare / FNL or maybe the new Chekov
Dad: Snoop Dog
StepDad: Any of the bearded fellows from A Life Aquatic
BFF Brian: George Clooney
BFF Elana: Molly of Mike &
BFF Karen: blonde Zooey
BFF Alli: The Hobbit / Arthur Dent

If Kevin Smith slimmed down to the 220 range, he’d be pretty close.

Gary Sinise, or so I’m told.

I’ve been told I have a resemblance to Tom Hanks, though I’m not sure I see it.

Is your wife going to be played by Sarah Silverman?

I think my husband would be played by an age-appropriate Christopher Walken, but he hates it when I say that. Imagine Christopher Walken, age 40, playing Elvis. That’s him to a tee.

If Amy Poehler would dye her hair brown for the part, she’d be a convincing me.

Probably Philip Seymour Hoffman. He’s usually the actor trotted out when overweight blonde guy is needed.

For significant other, I’d go with Billy Corgan who looks exactly like my ex, and while we haven’t been romantically involved in well over a decade we’re close enough friends that it’s fair to call him significant and other.

We had this converstaion at work. The general opinion was that Bill Murray should play me. I was afraid to ask if that was based on personality or looks.

A woman at work told me I looked just like George Clooney. After I’d repeated this to everyone I know she came back to me and corrected herself - she meant Jeff Bridges.

The Dos Equis guy.

People say I look like Hugh Laurie, so there it is.

A couple of guys at the gym, huh? Maybe they just like gladiator movies…

For me, Tom Selleck. Without the mustache.

Does… not… compute…