What are some of your favorite Law and Order lines?

There was one where McCoy and Henessey (what was her characters name again?) were interviewing some Mom. She finally says “Why don’t you and your skinny little friend get out of here”

Later, over dinner Hennesy and McCoy were having dinner.
“You know, she may have a point” she says

“Nonsense. You’re not that skinny” says Jack.
There was another one where Briscoe was arresting a suspect and said something about how he left his last bit of “insperation” swirlling in the bowl. I thought that was pretty funny.

McCoy and Logan are discussing a possible indictment of a suspect, and McCoy says he needs for evidence.

LoganYou can indict a ham sandwich.

McCoyBut at least a ham sandwich has some meat in it.

From a rerun I saw today, where Ben Stone is ridiculing the opposing counsel’s strategy:

“A Chinese guy could blow you away because of cross-racial identification – and that’s the most comforting thought I’ve had all day!”

From the episode about a couple whose dog kills a woman:
(a prison sentence is mentioned in the plea bargaining)
Defense attorney: My clients aren’t interested in jail time.
Judge: Oh, I’m sure they’re not.

There was one where a mobster was accused of murder, and his mobster dad gets on the stand (or maybe it was in the interrogation room) and says, “My son did not order the hit on that man.”

“And why not?”

“He does not have the authority to order hits.”

That one just gave me chills.

But the one I like the best is the episode NBC has only shown once. A rabid anti abortionist is accused of sending in a pregnant woman to an abortion clinic as a suicide bomber. Stone says he has just one question on the witness:

“If abortion is murder under any circumstances, aren’t you guilty of the murder of (Mary’s?) unborn child?”

The look on the woman’s face is priceless…

Logan is putting the cuffs on a suspect after chasing him down:

Suspect - “You got no probable cause!”

Logan - “You’re under arrest 'cause you are probably guilty.”

Any line delivered by Ben Stone, when he pauses to add the word “Sir”, is a classic.

And, of course, there’s: “Get on your knees.”*

*[sub] Logan has chased down Max’s killer, and you’re expecting him to blow the guy away[/sub]

Vincent D’Onofrio’s character in L&O:CI, said in his typical annoying hesistant delivery manner:

“You…pluck…your eyebrows…don’t you?”

Any line spoken by Angie Karman, especially when her voice starts crack more than normal… I am drooling like Homer over a doughnut

Or Harmon… heck that may not be right. See, I can’t even think straight when I remember her…

In an episode where they’ve come to a scene where a person was thrown off a roof and landed in some kids’ “pot garden” on the balconly, Lennie says something to the effect of how the place must be popular because “people are dropping in all the time.”

Oh, I like the one where a woman was shot, and they have what they think is the suspect. The problem is, each time they try to arrest him, he either flees or gets an alibi or something. At last, he’s tracked and handcuffed by Lenny, and he says that the man confessed to him. Now, Lenny had this low self-esteem because he thought the thug was ridiculing his age, and since he (Lenny) has lied before, everyone thinks this is another lie.

McCoy is trying to make a plea bargain with the suspect. His lawyer says that they have flimsy evidence(and really believes in his innocence), but the suspect says he’ll give information in exchange for the bargain. He gives it, bargain is accepted, and McCoy asks the suspect what he really told Lenny. The suspect’s answer? “I told him that that bitch got what she deserved”…in other words, he did confessed, and the look on his lawyer’s face…

Jamie Ross and some uniformed officers are pawing through a suspect’s work locker, and she explains how a sleazy lingerie catalogue had to be mailed in some specific way.

Officer: How do you know so much about this mail-order company?

Ross: (Points to some skimpy thing in the catalogue) See this? I’m wearing it.

Any time Ben Stone or Jack McCoy say after a screw up: “Next time we won’t…” Adam Schiff will come up with an incredibly sacastic: “Next time make sure you don’t…” it’s always different, it’s always funny, it’s always completely useless advice. He reminds me of every boss I ever had: waiting to cover his ass.

I can’t remember it exactly, but I love the line at the end of the episode with Anthony Heald as the IRA terrorist. A witness is testifying as to his identity, and she says, “You can hardly forget the face of the man who slaughtered your entire family.”