What are the best comic strips out there today

Just wondering which ones and why they may be. I am looking for ones that can actually get a giggle out of you consistently

My vote is Citizen Dog. Look it up if youu have never heard of it before.

I know that I have put you through hell, and I know that I have been one rough pecker. But from here on, you are all in my cool book.- Seth Gecko From Dusk Till Dawn

Rose Is Rose… being owned by cats myself, I adore Peekaboo the kitten :slight_smile: There is wisdom to be gained from cats…<G>

For Better or Worse… not always a giggle, but I always enjoy it.

Mom always said there’d be days like this…she just never said there’d be so MANY of them!!!

Get Fuzzy

Bucky’s weirder brother lives at my house.

your humble TubaDiva
who would pay money to see a cat slide around the floor on sticks of butter. . .

Oh, and I almost forgot, The Boondocks

So subversive my local paper has to run it on a separate page . . . next to Doonesbury.

your humble TubaDiva
“I’m keeping it real.”

Dilbert – This is my life.

Along those veins… does anybody actually read Apartment 3G or Mark Worth, or is there just some newspaper law requiring them that I missed somewhere?

http://www.madpoet.com
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I’m still in mourning for “The Far Side” and “Bloom County”.

Sigh.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error.
– John Kenneth Galbraith

Yeah, I miss “Far Side”, too. One of my favorites was the strip with a herd (herd?) of lemmings running off a cliff into the sea. Two of them had little doughnut life preservers on. My friend sent it to me, with the note: “Tu y yo.” Spanish for “you and me.” We’re such wimps!

Anyway, the other strips I enjoy are: Dilbert, Baby Blues and Zits. And, while I never got Calvin and Hobbes in my local paper (cretins), I miss it, too.

MadPoet: Along those veins… does anybody actually read Apartment 3G or Mark Worth, or is there just some newspaper law requiring them that I missed somewhere?

Certainly not you. It’s “Mary Worth” :slight_smile:

I read it (for some reason) for about 3 months. I finally decided I didn’t like the nosey bitch and moved on.

For the best comics, you have to get online.

*Kevin And Kell

Sluggy Freelance

Unlike Minerva

The Royals

*And re-runs of the now-canceled-due-to-pressure-from-Beijing; the Doonesberry of Asia; the one & only: WORLD OF LILY WONG
Enjoy!

Is an appreciation of beauty a function of the human soul?

Oh yeah… online comics… www.userfriendly.org – what the people at your ISP really think like.

http://www.madpoet.com
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mutts
Mutts
Mutts

Tom the Dancing Bug and Too Much Coffee Man

Garfield.

Dilbert – Dead on about life in the corporate world. I was working at GE a couple of years ago; EVERY OFFICE had Dilbert strips on the wall.

Rose is Rose – the most grown up appreciation of the joys and frustrations of marriage.

Doonesbury – not what it once was, but still an excellent humor strip, and one of the last bastions of continuity in storytelling.

Crankshaft – not a funny strip, but the best pure continuity strip around. There are several story threads in the background, and they are used very deftly. Some great dramatic moments, like when Crankshaft got his World Series ring.

Tank McNamara – great sports humor. Always sharp.

Read “Sundials” in the new issue of Aboriginal Science Fiction.
www.sff.net/people/rothman

I tend to look to past things to see how good they are (or were, in this case)…
My faves of all time are,

1. Calvin & Hobbes

2. Far Side

I dunno, the strips I read now are pretty weak by comparison… but then again, I kinda have a crappy comix page in the San Francisco Chronicle… if I had more variety, then I could perhaps make a better judgement!

I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him…

Dammit!! I almost forgot to add… I also second the nomination for the Boondocks!! It just came to my paper recently, and I love it!!

I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him…

9 Chickweed Lane…Edda Burber alone is worth it but her mother Dr. Juliette Burber is a formidable person too. :slight_smile:

I love Dilbert, Doonesbury (really!), Zits (which my local paper doesn’t carry), and Dykes to Watch Out For.

Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Non Sequitur, Close to Home, Rose is Rose, and occasionally Dilbert.

For online comics, I have to say Bob the Angry Flower. Bob is so much like me it’s scary.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Kathy (because I identify with her almost every time!) - Garfield - Dilbert. Also Calvin and Hobbes except I don’t get to read it anymore - the Washington Post dropped it. I too was unhappy about losing Bloom County and The Far Side.