What are the largest (and smallest) circulating banknotes?

No, I don’t mean the largest by value; I mean the largest banknote by surface area. I’m interested in standard circulating issues, not limited edition commemoratives like the 356 mm × 216 mm 100,000-peso note issued by the Central Bank of the Philippines in 1998. What’s the largest banknote from a current banknote series, and what’s the largest circulating banknote ever? (In case I travel to the countries where they’re used, I want to make sure to bring a big enough wallet.)

For good measure, what are (and were) the smallest circulating banknotes? Back home I’ve got a Canadian 25¢ shinplaster from the 1920s which is pretty tiny, but surely there are smaller specimens out there?

http://www.dnb.nl/en/binaries/Banknote%20dimensions%20and%20orientation_tcm47-145667.pdf (PDF)

It mentions an Italian notes at 112x61mm and a Chinese note at 114x52mm.

I have a Chinese 2-fen note, dated 1953, that I received in change in 1996, so it was still then in circulation. It measures 105x55 mm.

It is slightly smaller than Monopoly money, about a quarter inch each way.

Those are no longer in circulation: the smallest Chinese note is now 1 yuan (worth about 16 US cents). 2 fen would be about 0.3 of a US cent.

The Wikipedia article on Chinese currency says all denominations from this series are still circulating, except the 3-fen. But obviously, are rarely used because of their low denomination. But they are still legal tender, and nave not been withdrawn from curculation.

The smallest may be the Hong Kong one-cent note. Measures 89 mm by 41 mm, although it says the first issue was 75 by 42, which would be even smaller.

Yeah, that looks pretty small. It may be the smallest ever, but can’t be the smallest current issue, since the article says the notes were demonetised in 1995.

Giles - this is incorrect. fen and Jiao notes remain in circulation as do the coins. it may be you’re in an area that largely uses coins (shanghai) versus an areas that largely uses notes (Beijing)